Monday, August 27, 2007

What's the Buzz Exchange for Becky

And... no HOHRH tonight either! I have this one last exchange to crank out by the end of the month, and God Bless It, I am doing it right now!! LOL. After this, I can get into my usual rotation/routine again for a bit :-)

In the meantime, dear Becky has received the What's the Buzz Exchange (SBEBB) that I put together for her. It was sheer pleasure to have drawn Becky's name for this exchange... I mean, it's not like she likes bees or anything like that, right??

Dizzy Busy Bees


The Sweetheart Tree


Zweigart Vintage Country Cream Belfast, DMC Floss, Mill Hill Beads


I nicked Becky's photo of all of the goodies off of the bulletin board - hope you don't mind Becky... I always forget to take a photo of all of the goodies before I seal the package!!! I tried to stick with a bee theme. Now, it sure it not easy to choose bee related stitching items for the Queen Bee, as she has them all. But, she likes it all, so whew! I always feel intimidated stitching for Becky - we all know how skilled she is!!

And... lucky me! I received my first exchange today from the Crazy Exchange group! I received this adorable quilted needlebook and skein of VC silk from Susan!! I don't have a link to a blog for her yet.... isn't it sweet?? Thank you Susan, you made my day!!!

A few of you ladies have recently left me comments wondering how to make scissor fobs. I used this link my first time around, and wow, it is so easy and the photos and instructions are so clear... so have at it stitchers, I cannot wait to see the fobs you make now! The same woman (Annette) has a fantastic biscornu tutorial (she has a link at the top of her page), which I also used my first time around. There you go, you are all set now!!!

Back to my secret stitching now.... ;-)

Stitched on today: The Mermaid and the Sea, and started Quaker Alphabet Exchange project **Sent off my Redwork Exchange today

36 comments:

cathymk said...

Fantastic Carol! Just beautiful. Those square Sweetheart tree designs really lend themselves to that style of finishing. Congratulations!

Carla said...

Gorgeous biscornu Carol!!

BeckySC said...

I just love my biscornu :) It's just beeutiful and you couldn't have chosen a better design!! Thank you again :)

I love your latest fob-too adorable!!

Cool Crazy exchange!!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the links Carol! I also got your link for the mattress pincushion. My sons' father is French Canadian so I didn't have any difficulty translating.
Your exchange for Becky is just too cute!! I love the bee button!

Jenn said...

what a stunning biscornu Carol!

Anonymous said...

Your bee exchange looks GORGEOUS!! *hugs*

LivnLaf said...

OMGosh Carol! That looks fabulous...I love the textured look on the skeps. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

That's a very cute biscornu. I am a huge sucker for bees too, don't know why.

Kathy said...

So cute. All of it. I am so selfish, I have not gotten involved in any exchanges. I stitch fo rhe LNS and myself all the time.

Iris said...

The biscornu is gorgeous !!! You did a great job !!

Lennu said...

Oh it's a beautiful biscornu! Such a lovely design and great stitching and finishing :) You've received a cute exchange too.

Cheryl said...

Great exchange gift! I love the little bee in the middle of the biscornu. Ive just joined the SBEBB and im looking forward to my first exchange

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a gorgeous biscornu! It's lovely!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous biscornu for Becky! I love what you received in the crazy exchange, too.

Karoline said...

You've done some gorgeous exchanges and fobs Carol, congratulations

Sharon said...

Your biscornu for Becky is just beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol your exchanges sent and received are wonderful!

Dawn T. said...

Beautiful Biscornu, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Both exchanges are gorgeous :)

Beatrice said...

The biscornu is lovely....All the pieces are!!! I've looked at the links. Thanks for sharing them.

sugardoll said...

The biscornu is very pretty =)

And that bee theme giftie looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

The biscornu is just beautiful!
And the needlebook you received is cute, too!

Nicki said...

That's just gorgeous Carol! And so hard finding a bee item for Becky as she has so many already! She's our true queen bee! I bet she loves it :)

Annette said...

I *knew* that design would make a lovely biscornu! It came out beautifully.

Thank *you* for the compliment on my tutorials.. I'm glad they were of use :)

Kalu V said...

WHAT A PRETTY BISCORNU! BECKY IS S LUCKY

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, didn't you do a fabulous job of the biscornu for Becky :) Such a perfect design for her.

Anonymous said...

Love the buzzy biscornu Carol!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Gorgeous bee finish!!! Love it ~ I'm sure she is delighted with it.

Tanya
PS...Amazon.com sells those Jane Austen bumper stitckers :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is an absolutely fabulous biscornu! I just love the pattern.

claudia said...

What great stuff for Becky! I know she just adored it all. I don't know why you feel intimidated with stitching things for Becky...you are a fantastic stitcher and finisher!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Those kitties make me smile so much. I finished my little bag I was making. Stop by and see it if you get a chance!

Sally said...

what a beautiful biscornu Carol!

Myrna said...

How darling! I'm sure Becky was thrilled... I just sent mine off today. Hope it travels quickly.

And, all your fobs are just adorable! Those are some lucky stitchers!

Hugs...

Needlearts Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! I love your Bees Biscornu! Great idea and perfect design.

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a gorgeous biscornu, Becky is sure to love it.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog. It is so inspiring.

~Barb in TN

Anonymous said...

What a perfect exchange for Becky - it is just lovely. Another beautiful Carol exchange :)