Saturday, March 29, 2008

Almost one down


I can't show the PIF that I spent much of today working on (and I did finish it), but I can show my progress on House Samplings. I worked on this during the Red Sox exhibition game tonight. I finished the house itself and its landscaping - just needs letters I-Q stitched above the house before I can move on to another. It's a fun stitch. Barbara made me laugh in her comment that I must be a "frustrated architect." Well, I don't know what it is, really. I do seem to be stitching a lot of houses lately, but I think it is because I like a lot of charts with houses on them. Truth be told, I don't actually like stitching houses often - the roofs and sometimes the walls of the house can be repetitive and make me lose focus/interest. These little houses on House Samplings move along so quickly though...

Stitched on today: Finished a PIF gift, and stitched on House Samplings

14 comments:

Carol R said...

A cute little house Carol

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet design!

Anonymous said...

That is a very cute house :)

mainely stitching said...

It's coming along beautifully, my architect friend! :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

that is a lovely house!

staci said...

Looks great, good job! And I can't believe you're still having winter weather!!! Jack Frost needs to move on!

Kathy A. said...

Well, I think you qualify for "master architect" and "master project manager". You also keep all the neighborhood RR's flowing.

Kim B said...

It looks great! I think you're a great architect!

BeckySC said...

I love your new start, Carol :)
Have a great week my friend!

Margo's Musings said...

Your project is progressing nicely - I have thought about starting that one also, but for now I am enjoying watching your progress.

Margaret

Bonnie said...

Very nice, Carol. I like the special stitches.

stitcherw said...

House samplings is looking so cute, and it looks great on the fabric you selected. HOHRH was fun to see out and in your rotation again as well.
Sue

Deb said...

So funny of Barbara!! I love the little design. Something about houses captures me, too. Maybe it's the soft colors..that might be part of it. Don't know. I really like this chart..hmmm :)
Hugs, Deb

Carla said...

you're stitching this piece so fast! great progress!!