Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blackbird Designs Exchange for Brigitte

Brigitte has received the SBEBB Blackbird Designs exchange that I sent to her. I could not resist this design - I was hoping she would not mind a very early Christmas ornament for the exchange. She assured me it was absolutely fine with her. Whew! I have wanted to stitch this forever now, so I was glad to have the perfect opportunity to do so.
Christmas Ornament 2004
Blackbird Designs
2004 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue
Lakeside Linens 36 ct Meadow Rue Linen, GAST Floss


... And the rest of the goodies I chose for her. I haven't had a chance to reply to your email yet, Brigitte, but I did get it when I arrived at work this morning. You are very welcome, and I am so glad you enjoyed the exchange.

I received a plethora of emails asking if I am OK since I have not been blogging daily. Thanks for the concern, and I am truly OK. Just very busy and not so very hot to blog every night, that is all. Work is busy and I am struggling to get creative there in order to face cutbacks due to the poor economy... I have been reading a lot more and stitching a bit less... and well, just a little tired ;-) But all is fine, thanks!! Guess my style in 2009 is going to be a bit different, at least for now...

Stitched on this week: Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and stitched a gift **Mailed SBEBB Frosty Friends Exchange on Monday, and mailed a gift today

22 comments:

LoriRay said...

I don't have time to blog every day, either, so I totally understand about not having enough hours in the day.

Lucky exchange partner you had! :)

Becky K in OK said...

Oh my, the BBD ornament is beautiful. Lucky is your partner. Blog when you can, it's supposed to be fun, not an obligation.

Anonymous said...

oh, love this one and I'd take an early Christmas ornament too, LOL!!! I am going to dig out my issue of this and stitch it just for myself :-)
www.robinpich.blogspot.com

drea_dear said...

Carol, you amazed me with your "stitched on today" updates - I couldn't believe that you were disciplined enough to work full time, stitch your beautiful work, and blog about it every day! I think you deserve a bit of a break!

Irene said...

Love the ornament !

Cindy F. said...

Carol, I love this design and you finished this ornie beautifully!
Great exchange!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful ornament. Lucky Brigitte! I'm going to look for that issue!

Carol R said...

Love the BBD ornament.

I have missed your daily blogging but fully understand however that it's not always possible. Take care and enjoy your stitching time

Sally said...

I love this ornament Carol. Another one I really need to stitch this year!

Katrina said...

Love the ornament! I don't know how you blogged everyday anyway, taking a break is a good thing :-). Hope things go well at work.

Ranae said...

Gotta love that BBD finish, it is fab!

Andrea said...

A lovely ornament and exchange.

I struggle to blog once a week never mind every day. Live dangerously, miss a few days!!

Anonymous said...

I can see what you mean, that is a neat BBD! Nice exchange

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That is very cute, and I think a Christmas ornament would be much appreciated any time of the year - so many of us have every intention of stitching ornaments throughout the year, to avoid the end of year rush, but oftentimes never get around to it, so I know I'd always appreciate any ornament any time of year!

Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

The BBD ornament is just beautiful. You did a great job on it. Don't worry about not blogging every day. Blog when you feel like it and take care of you.

Olga said...

The early Christmas ornament is so pretty< I love the design and your finishing.

Brigitte said...

Thanks again for this wonderful exchange, Carol. This ornament is such a beauty!

Rachel V said...

What a beautiful BBD ornament, Carol! That's a lot of stitching in that piece.

I'm so sorry to read about the Medicaid cutbacks and your fatigue. I hope that you will get the rest you need and a find a way to fill in the gaps at work. Take care!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful exchange project!! Lovely stitching, as always.

I'm new to blogging but there is no way that I can do it daily. I don't know how you managed before. I say--enjoy yourself. Stitching is a hobby, blogging is a fun byproduct of that hobby, it's meant to be enjoyed & not a chore. Blog when you can and don't let it be a stresser. Hope things go well with work, the fun wrangling with the economy, etc.

stitcherw said...

What an adorable design, the little bird is so cute. As to blogging daily, blogging should be fun not a chore, just blog when you feel like it and want to. We'll be here when you have time. There is so much going on now and so many things that can be stressful that blogging shouldn't be something adding to that.
Sue

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Beautiful exchange as always Carol.

Michelle said...

Beautiful ornament! Glad you are doing ok, even though tired. Take some time for yourself when you can. Glad to hear you're reading a lot too...if you ever decide to join GoodReads, I'd love to catch up with you on there!