Monday, March 20, 2006

S-P-R-I-N-G!!!!!

I kept plugging along on Medieval Town Mandala tonight. Why, when there are still 11 days left in the month? Certainly not to rush other MTM stitchers along (sorry to those who feel that way!!), but rather because, like I wrote a few days ago, I really want to slip in a few days on projects I miss like... Mermaids of the Deep Blue, Mermaid Heaven, Little Wings, Girl with Cat, and the like... before the month ends and new passwords come out... So, it doesn't look like a whole lot of work tonight, but it was. I did a lot of backstitching.

Someone asked today if each side of MTM is the same (the buildings, that is). No, they aren't :-) Martina says they are similar but there are differences to make the entire mandala look like different parts of the town.... and I figure I will be stitching more and more buildings in April, May and June too :-)

OK, we have survived another winter here - it is spring, finally, today!!! It is going to feel like winter (very much like winter) here this week, though. But, it is spring!!!! Yay!!!!

Stitched on today: Bordeaux Mystery Sampler at work (have I told you yet how fun this one is?? And... Hand-Dyed Fibers has announced that they will now release parts twice a month instead of only once... so, best keep cracking LOL!!) and Medieval Town Mandala

9 comments:

Rachael said...

This is so stunning. I didn't join MTM group ,but I may have to buy it when it comeas out as hard copy. Beautiful stitching.

Bine said...

:-) Oh Carol, I don't feel rushed. I'm just wondering how you manage to stitch so much per day....maybe I have to come and have a look how you are stitching maybe there's something I can learn :-))))

Unknown said...

Stunning as ever Carol. It does get boring after a while, when you're really desperate to stitch on something else, but you really want to finish off a section on another.
I'm sure that you will manage to finish this and get in lots of the others this month :)

Kitty Couture said...

Happy Spring, Carol! I am so excited as well that Spring is finally there.

RĂ³sa said...

Happy spring! :-) I'm glad it's finally there for you guys, I guess we have to wait a little bit longer here in Iceland :-D We can always count on some snow during the easter holiday.

Dawn T. said...

Happy Spring! MTM is looking great!

mainely stitching said...

MTM is gorgeous and I say HOORAY to spring being here!

BeckySC said...

It's looking really great, Carol!

Yummy stash from yesterday's post-Queen stash shopper ;)!!!

hugs to you

Anne S said...

I wondered about those buildings all being the same too - at least it won't be too boring just stitching the same buildings all the way round ... makes it much more interesting. I love seeing these mysteries grow - and your stitching speed is an inspiration, I would think ... it always is to me anyway! :D