Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mermaids of the Deep Blue :-)

I am really happy that I had a chance to work on the mermaids again tonight :-) Granted, I pretty much spent the whole evening stitching with DMC 905.... lots and lots of green! Had to be done though - LOL!! Maybe I will stick with them tomorrow too.

I wanted to share this nice new Blackbird Designs chart I got yesterday... how unique! This is stitched on three different small cuts of 30 ct fabric, sewn together and given some fun top stitching at each seam to make it look like, well, what it is called, "Flea Market Souvenir". Now, this will push my boundaries a bit... I have zero finishing talents and do not own a sewing machine... wish me luck when I get around to this one!!

And, of course, it is New DVD Release Tuesday - one for each of us today - Failure to Launch for me, and Ultraviolet for Mike, our resident sci-fi lover.

Stitched on today: Mermaids of the Deep Blue

15 comments:

Tracy said...

Carol the blackbird design is lovely can't wait to see it stitched ,I've never seen a seamed sampler.

mainely stitching said...

I have a seamed sampler from Kingsland, but I like this one a whole lot better. What a cool effect!!

Your mermaids are stunning!

Sasha Farina said...

that sampler sure is unique! and boy, I'm already in love with your Merms.. i think I will have to stitch that :D

Unknown said...

Beautiful mermaids. My finishing skills are almost non existent too Carol (although Mum would disagree and says if only I got myself in gear, I'm very good) and I don't own a sewing machine either.

lobea2004 said...

Carol, when you receive your fabric I'll be ready to start, don't worry.
Beautiful new pattern! I fell in love with Blackbirds Designs only few weeks ago. Now I'm in a SAL for the Quacker Garden.

Kathy said...

Wow Mermaids are looking great Carol. Still got a ways to catch up with you lol.

Blackbird design looks lovely.

Hugs xxxxxx

Kitty Couture said...

Yeah, the mermaids are back!
That sampler seems wonderful. Don't be afraid of the finishing... One can only learn through practising!

Annemarie said...

I'm sure you'll do fine when the time comes to sew this together! It's a wonderful sampler, but then, there are few Blackbird Design designs that *aren't* wonderful. Your mermaids look stunning as well. You actually spent a whole evening stitching with 905? Brave woman!

Christine said...

Carol your mermaids are beautiful on this fabric.
I love !

Anonymous said...

The mermaids of course are lovely. The three fabric sampler calls to mind the ones from Kingsland from years ago. Just something I was told if you can at all make certain that the salvages on each piece of fabric are at the side or at the top. It's evenweave fabric but if you don't do this small thing, you might have difficulty aligning the threads when you go to stitch them together.

Michelle said...

That Flea Market design is so cute - I love the idea of a seamed sampler. Your mermaids are looking beautiful...one day I will have to start that one.

Von said...

The mermaids are coming right along!
Thanks for sharing the Flea Market sampler. I haven't seen it yet and think it would be a fun one to do - perhaps use some of those extra pieces, depending on the size of the design.
You'll do a wonderful job with the topstitching. :D

Anonymous said...

What a neat one from Blackbird Designs. Your mermaids are looking wonderful!

Susimac said...

Love the Flea market its such a great idea, and so effective.

Unknown said...

Love that little Blackbirds Design piece Carol, and what a great way tyo use up those little pieces f fabric that are left over.