Friday, June 01, 2007
Graduation Time, and Goals Review
Mike and I went to our niece Caitlin's high school graduation tonight - the first of the flock to graduate, and now we feel rather old!! She looked gorgeous (which is easy, because she really is a beautiful girl) - her posture was perfect crossing the stage, as the Class Valedictorian mispronounced her last name... she was loving and cuddly all night, introduced me to two lovely young men that are her friends now... both so bright and intelligent... my Caitlin is growing up and going to college in the fall now - gulp!! We forgot our camera, but my SIL did promise to email us some photos asap!!
We got in around midnight, but I did find time to stitch a bit on Barbara's Neighborhood RR. I needed time with a needle - and needed to decompress from a minor altercation with my sister at the party. Events like this remind me how poor my relationships are with my siblings. I am doing well with my brother, actually - he is just tense around his in laws.... but my sister... a whole other story. We have some stuff to resolve, and the therapist in me feels compelled to put closure on this now... sigh.
So, here is how Barbara's RR looks - the little sheep got noses tonight :-) You will see a lot more of this in the coming days, as it is due to be posted to Annemarie on or before June 15th. Barbara, I am not trying to tease you - if you want to know what chart this is from, I will happily tell you :-)
Goal Review Time!
1. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow -yes
2. Continue Paradigm Lost SAL -yes
3. Continue Bordeaux Sampler SAL -yes
4. Continue Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace SAL - yes
5. Start Spring Ride SAL with Karen and Kathy -yes
6. Continue to work on And A Forest Grew - yes
7. Continue to work on 18th Century Band Sampler -yes, a little
8. Prepare my Neighborhood RR Group One project and have it ready to mail by June 1 -yes, but mailing on June 2
9. Stitch some gifts -yes, I stitched 4 gifts this month
10. Stitch and send out Monochromatic Exchange on SBEBB -yes, and it was recieved by Marika in Finland
11. Stitch and send out Trip Around the World Exchange on SBEBB -yes, and it was received by Cathy in Pennsylvania
12. Stitch and send out Garden Exchange on SBEBB -yes, in the mail
13. Stitch a Christmas ornament for the Christmas Ornament SAL - yes
14. If there is a freebie challenge again on FGBB, try to meet that challenge -yes, I stitched four freebies this month
15. Work on Barbara's Neighborhood Round Robin -yes, a little
**I also stitched and sent off the Scissor Fob Exchange on the FGBB, and stitched a block on Michelle's Just Nan RR for her
1. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
2. Continue to work on Paradigm Lost SAL
3. Continue to work on Bordeaux Sampler SAL
4. Continue to work on Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace
5. Finish Barbara's Neighborhood RR and post to Annemarie by June 15th
6. Continue to work on And A Forest Grew
7. Continue to work on Spring Ride SAL
8. Stitch some gifts
9. Stitch Summer Quaker Exchange on the SBEBB and have ready to post by July 1
10. Meet freebie challenge on FGBB
11. Work on Karen's Neighborhood RR - or at least choose a chart
12. Stitch an ornament for the Christmas Ornament SAL
13. Stitch and post Fair Square to Margaret Wong
Do we all just love the new issue of The Gift of Stitching?? OMG! I want to stitch so many things in this one - the Dutch Sampler by Sampler Cove (have been dying to see this since it was advertised in SANQ - it did not disappoint, and I love it even more than Bordeaux Sampler!!), the Sweetheart Tree design (I emailed ST about getting the embellishment pack - hope to hear back soon!!) and several of the pincushions! Oh my - this magazine gets better and better every month!!
And.. finally... Mike posted off the Scissor Fob Exchange project on the FGBB for me today. I do hope the stitcher who receives it will enjoy it! I had such fun making it!
Stitched on today: Barbara's Neighborhood Round Robin