Friday, April 14, 2006

I finally have spring blooms in my garden!

I went back to work on Su's Neighborhood RR tonight. I chose to stick with Prairie Schooler after having stitched the birdhouse that she wanted. Now I am adding the house from "Good Huswifes in Summer" in Prairie Schooler's Summer Samplers leaflet (c. 1999). Some of the garden next to the house will be stitched too... at least as much as I can fit :-) I own many Prairie Schooler charts, but I think this may be the first one I have ever stitched. I love them. Now I want to stitch both of these samplers that I pulled parts from for the RR! I think it will not be too long before this RR will be mailed off its next destination in Holland :-)
And, as I mentioned last night, here is the Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler through Part 3. I finished this at work yesterday. This is such a fun sampler to stitch.

I picked up my flosses for Su's Neighborhood RR and LTD's Emerald Jeweled Garden on my way home from the dentist this morning. Oh, I just love the colors for Emerald Jeweled Garden, so I scanned them here to share! So vibrant! One of the colors has no DMC conversion from the Madeira floss.... it is a magenta/violet type of color. After I got home it occurred to me that the Crescent Colors Boysenberry Jam that I bought a few days ago for Blackbird Designs' Strawberry Garden is going to be just perfect as a substitute :-) Too bad I realized that after I took the scan... Karen and I start this SAL on Monday (she is doing Sapphire Jeweled Garden), while Judi started hers (Colonial Garden) earlier this month... this is going to be fun, it is only 2 3/4" x 11 1/2".

I finally have spring blooms in my garden!! Yay!!! I live so much further north than most of my American blogging counterparts, so it took longer for spring blooms to show up here... these tete a tete daffodils are special to me. After we sold our first house in 2000, we stayed in an apartment for about nine months until we moved into this house. I had no garden at the apartment, and that made me sad. So I bought a pot of tete a tete daffodils in WalMart in the spring of 2001 and put them in a window in the hallway of the apartment. Then I transplated the bulbs into my garden here at the house that summer... and they are my first garden blooms every year since! Here they are, abundant as ever!
And... this year I got a few snow crocuses again! I thought these were gone. The previous winter came with an overabundance of snow. Ice was atop these crocuses until about mid-May, so these never came up or bloomed. I thought chipmunks may have eaten the bulbs. There are fewer this year than in previous years, but I was happy to see that some survived :-)

Thanks for all the well wishes about my dental appointment - I appreciated those. The visit went just fine. I have a great dentist. The bill, on the other hand... geesh...

Stitched on today: Su's Neighborhood RR

14 comments:

Jenn said...

your blooms look pretty Carol...don't worry that you are behind th rest of us. I've not seen many flowers out around here yet.

The floss colors you picked up today are so pretty. You are right the are vibrant. I think they 'pop' off the picture you took of them.

mainely stitching said...

I love those tiny daffodils! We also have a few in our backyard and they always make me smile. :-)

Anne S said...

Ooooh, those threads are definitely my sort of colours! Your RAK from AnneMarie is awesome too :) Feels strange seeing your spring bulbs coming up, as I'm watching the trees change to their autumn shades here ;) Let me know if you want me to track down your Madeira floss for you - my LNS has a reasonable supply of their 'plain' flosses, from memory :)

Sasha Farina said...

i love the colors too!

Judith said...

Nice progress Carol and those colors are really nice.

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Carol! You got loads of stitching one in just a week! :) Your piece on Su's RR is turning out great, and I love that Papillon Creations Sampler! :)

Enjoy your Easter weekend :)

Unknown said...

You're working on so many projects! Wow :) I wish I had your drive.

Jenn said...

I was just wondering how your Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler was coming along and your posted a photo of it tonight. I just love the colors in it. I hope I get to see it in person at Celebration.

lobea2004 said...

Great progresses Carol! I like your RR's new fabric. It's turning out nice.

Samantha said...

I've got some tete a tete daffs too - they're lovely & they let me know Spring is definitely on its way. Beautiful floss colours - whats that tealy green metallic looking one near the bottom BTW?

Schokti said...

Oh, yay! The garden photos are back! Spring is definately here! Thanks for a wonderful smile this morning.

Unknown said...

All your stitching is looking fantastic as ever Carol. Love the PC one :)

Your daffodils look lovely. Ours are all still coming out here in the UK.

HAPPY EASTER

Susimac said...

The daffs are such cheerful flowers, love the Papillion sampler its really coming along and I REALLY love what you are doing on my RR, its gorgeous.

Su

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that mystery sampler is stitching up quickly!!!