Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Ornament Finish

Tonight I finished the finishing on a Christmas ornament I had stitched earlier in the month...

A Christmas Wish

The Cricket Collection

32 ct Natural Pearl Linen, DMC Floss


That's it for today... I spent most of the night working away on the Spring House and Garden Exchange while enjoying the Red Sox and the Bruins (at the same time again tonight - the Bruins survived another game and did not get eliminated tonight in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - nice!)

Yay - this is the start of a four day weekend, and our niece Nicole texted me today that she wants to come up for the weekend. Fun!

**Oh, does anyone know when Philippa Gregory's next novel, The Other Queen, will be due out? Her website says 2008, but I bet someone out there knows more?? I am anxious for this one - just love Mary Queen of Scots!!

Stitched on today: Spring House and Garden Exchange, and finished A Christmas Wish

18 comments:

Hazel said...

It looks lovely Carol x

mainely stitching said...

What a pretty design, Carol! I like how you finished it, too. :)

Arthemise said...

That's a very pretty finish. I've never seen this one.

Neila said...

Another Mary Queen of Scots fan! She's my favorite historical character, which might explain why my favorite castle to visit in Scotland is Linlithgow, the birthplace of Mary.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Carol,

Amazon says that The Other Queen is due to be published on August 25, 2008 and released September 9.

Very cute ornament.. I'm going to have to go looking for that chart.

(Sorry for the deleted comment.. just wanted to put the second date in there.)

Unknown said...

Very nice finish Carol.

According to the HarperCollins publishers website, the release date is 25/08/08 http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/(S(tudd1rz3ac51kt55agcuvzij))/Content/Title/Default.aspx?id=29743

A good book to read, so you'll be in the know for when you read it, is called Bess of Hardwick. Hardwick Hall is just up the road from me and has the biggest collection of tapestries and embroideries in the world. Here's the website with more information about her, http://www.ukheritage.net/houses/hardwick.htm

Hope this helps. I'm going to make a note of this book, I've never read any of hers, but this one looks like a good read.

Becky K in OK said...

Love the design. I haven't seen it before.

Jennifer said...

I love how you're so motivated and finish the ornaments into ornaments after you're done stitching them! I admire that!

BeckySC said...

Great irnament, Carol!!
Enjoy your 4 day weekend :)

Carol R said...

Sweet ornament - not seen that one before.
Enjoy your long weekend.
Did my emails get through to you ok?

Edgar said...

What a great ornament!!!! Enjoy the long weekend!

staci said...

Really cute ornament :) Enjoy your long weekend!!!

Cute exchange you received and QC is really coming along!!!

Irene said...

Wonderful ornament !

nela said...

muy lindo arbol.. felicidades lo que no logro es leer que dice abajo el lazo...

Kim B said...

I love your ornament!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Nice little ornie Carol!

Anonymous said...

How strange? The Other Queen has been released in NZ, Borders had a huge pile of them instore and I read the first few pages while I was there a few days ago... and it's about Queen Mary of Scotland so it must be the same book. I was also shocked to see a new one by Gregory as i thought her next books were going to be about the House of York and the War of the Roses. I'll send you a copy if you can't wait for it to be released :)