Friday, January 02, 2009

A little start


Well, well... it is not much.... and it is dark.... but about all I stitched on today was to start this little ornament... hopefully there will be a finish soon, and that the photo will be better ;-) The Cinders GAST is surely dark in real life, but looks just plain old black here.

A few have left comments and emailed asking what book that was I was reading last night. I shall oblige you and let you know what it was... Naked Ambition by Jule McBride, a 1/1/09 release by Harlequin... LOL

Stitched on today: Started an ornament

12 comments:

Rowyn said...

Your ornament is looking lovely.

I remember my Mum used to read Mills & Boon. lol

Tammy said...

Your start looks wonderful! I've not broken down and read a Harlequin yet, but it may be on my resume this year! :p

Valentina said...

Hi Carol!
Just stopped by to wish you a Happy New Year

Joke said...

OMG these books should be banned from publishing LOL

Katrina said...

I love the cinders color, it's such a deep, rich hue.

Love the harlequins for a quick read. My favorite harlequin author is Betty Neels, very tame but always sweet.

CindyMae said...

The start on the ornament looks great! My step-mother loves the Harlequin books! I am not much a romance novel type myself.

Wendy said...

Oooooh, a Blaze novel. Steamy, Carol! LOL

I love that Brittercup ornie. I think I panicked at the look of the Cinders when I stitched mine so I switched it to DMC 115. But yours looks great.. can't wait to see your finish as they are always gorgeous!

Cathy B said...

Happy New Year Carol!

drea_dear said...

Thanks for sharing the name of the book. I looked at the Harlequin section at Walmart yesterday, then saw a new paperback by my favorite romance author - Julie Garwood. I'm a sucker for historical romances!

Pretty colors!

Mary said...

This will be a beauty!

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful start Carol! I love this pattern:)

stitcherw said...

Nice start, it looks like a Brittercup design, those are such fun ones.
Sue