Friday, January 30, 2009

My Other Neighborhood Came Home!


My Hello Neighbor Group One Round Robin came home today :-) I think it is so sweet! I really want to thank Marie, Deb, Leslie, Wendy, Karen, Bine, Glenna and Nicole so much for their lovely work on my sampler. I do love it! My instruction letter disappeared somewhere along the way, but those who did not have it were somehow able to still figure out what I like. I cannot recall the fabric color, though, without that letter. I kind of think it was Silkweaver 40 ct Sandcastle Newcastle linen. I just love these RR's on 40ct- they come out so delicate! I think I will just frame it as is with maybe a double mat... hmm... cannot afford framing right now with the big cut to my income now (Medicaid is cutting mental health services in the state where I work), but someday I hope to get it all framed up and will show it to you ;-)

I figured I would also show the little bits of work I have put in on HOHRH in the last couple of days. I am interested in stitching, yet find myself to be so tired lately when I start, so I don't get too far and then just end up reading for a while instead. That simply must get better soon!

Oh! Before I forget! A while back I started putting together a blog of stitching blogs - I never advertised it or anything and have been a bit too busy to work on it. Somehow I am now getting 10-12 requests a day to be added to it! Oh gosh - where are people finding this? LOL! I shall try to find a gap of time soon to add the requests, as I am sure some are wondering why I have not done so yet... sorry!

Stitched on today: Stitched on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

27 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous RR! I know you will enjoy it! I found the linke to the other blog with all the stitcher's links listed - it's AWESOME...I've been blog surfing from it and adding even more to my blogroll. Suz

Brigitte said...

Carol, your neighbourhood is gorgeous. Each square matches the others perfectly. And even if you have to put it away for a while you can take it out from time to time and enjoy it. It's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your completed RR looks lovely Carol!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your Neighborhood RR is beautiful! What a stunner!

Your progress on HOHRH is pretty good, too. Like you, I've been too tired recently to stitch, so I've been doing some reading - at least you're doing something! I sometimes feel like my book reading is being sadly neglected due to my stitching.

I just noticed that I've started to get hits to my own blog from your blog list, so I wasn't aware you had started one until a couple of days ago - what a great idea!

Sherri said...

The Welcome Home RR is beautiful! I can't wait to see it framed.

Carla said...

Your rr looks wonderful...everyone's block are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your neighborhood looks just wonderful Carol! I just love how this came together - congratulations to all involved!

tkdquintmom said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on the return of your RR! It ended up looking fabulous!

drea_dear said...

Your RR is beautiful! That's something to treasure, for sure.

I think you or Laura M posted a note on dragonflymystic's blog about your blog - I have a link there from mine. So you're out there and people will find you!

BTW, did you get my request? LOL :D

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your Neighborhood turned out fantastic! Everyone did a great job.

Excellent progress on HOHRH:)

Kathy A. said...

What a beautiful RR it is. It is not hard to see that everyone worked really hard to make it suit you.
Nice progress on HOHRH too.

Barb said...

It's a stunning piece. Even though you haven't advertised I think some other blogs have passed the word plus I saw a message on a message board one day. That may be why you are getting so many requests.

Gabi said...

Beautiful RR and your HOHRH is lovely too.

stitcherw said...

Your RR neighborhood looks wonderful. It must have been so exciting to have opened the package and seen it there all finished up. Houses is looking great too, you're really moving along on that.
Sue

Olga said...

I just love your RR. Lovely!

Cindy F. said...

Really a beautiful RR!! What a treat to have:)
I think the winter is draining us all! I want to stitch more and faster...but my attention span is that of a knat!

Shelleen said...

I love your RR. everyone did a great job on it.

staci said...

Congrats Carol on your neighborhood! It's fabulous!!!

Wendy said...

I'm so happy to see that your NRR has returned home! It looks great, Carol! Thank you for all your hard work moderating this group for us - its certainly great to see all these wonderful pieces returning home again.

Kajsa said...

So pretty as always!

Joke said...

Oh, this neighborhood of yours! It is gorgeous, enjoy it! Your HoHRR is going to be great too (btw I started mine)

Stitcher said...

Love the RR! WoW!

HOHRH is in my never-ending to do pile. Yours is looking fab!

Michelle said...

Beautiful RR. And you HOHRH is looking lovely! I've had a hard time staying awake to stitch too the past couple of nights.

Lynn said...

Your RR is stunning! What a beautiful treasure to receive. The ladies have all done an incredible job.
It's funny you should mention that you're reading more. I've been finding myself picking up my book more lately than my stitching! I kind of got away from my reading and I've been missing it. There's just not enough time in the day for everything.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous neighborhoods!

barbibouille said...

Superbe! J'adore.
Beautilful, I love.