Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Starting House 11


It's not much yet, but tonight I decided to start House 11 on HOHRH. All of the lovely comments and encouragement you gave me in yesterday's post for finishing House 9 motivated me ;-)

I remain so distant from blogging - well, reading and commenting in other blogs, that is. A huge work project I have been working on for... well, forever.... was to have happened tomorrow. But... a sizeable snow storm is moving in during the morning commute tomorrow (our first in a while, what great timing...), so it was cancelled and delayed until probably March. I should feel relieved, but I just hate delays and feel more stressed. However, since I have more time now to stress and worry, I figure I shall try to channel some of it away and catch up on blogs again soon... grrr...wish my big meeting were just over tomorrow instead. Gotta just love winter in New England!

Stitched on today: Stitched on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you're getting so close! It's looking wonderful.

Brigitte said...

You are on the run with HOHRH. It will be finished in no time. You can already start to think about the BAP you can start, lol.

Annemarie said...

That must be so frustrating, Carol! Now you have at least one more month of worrying to do. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a while longer, then.
Good for you for starting house 11!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you starting this block - it's my favourite one in Houses, a very peaceful scene.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry about your work project being delayed. I hope it all works out for you.

Nice start on your 11th square!

staci said...

Sorry about your project delay, how frustrating! I once heard some very sage advice: Worrying won't make it any better, lol!!! So here's to you having some stress-free time {{hugs}}

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great start Carol. I hope you are staying warm in all that snow!

Kielrain said...

Each time you post your progress on this I think I need to get mine out! All it has are two sad outlined boxes, I think. So.... it will wait til I have more time.

You are so close to a finish, it looks fantastic.

Von said...

Carol, this project will be done before you know it!! How fabulous! :D

Aussie Stitcher said...

HOHRH is looking great Carol, you must be pleased to be so close to finishing it! Hope you can finalise your work project soon.

Anonymous said...

I've loved watching your progress on this... I just love that I'm-almost-done-! feeling!

DaisyGirl said...

Your houses look great. Sorry for the delay. I know you want it over and done with, but try not to worry too much about it. I know, easier said then done. hahaha
Donna

Gabi said...

Beautiful stitching Carol. Hope everything will go fine for your work project. :

Karoline said...

HoHRH is looking gorgeous Carol, you're making great progress

Carol R said...

Keep warm and safe from the storm Carol.

Hows mom?

Evelyn said...

Carol,
I hope you are all "dug out" of the snow and are safe and warm. Here in Maine it turned to freezing rain toward the end. When I went out this morning, I had to dig out my car from that heavy frozen stuff. Ah, New England... by the way, the HORHR piece is just lovely. A real accomplishment.