Saturday, August 20, 2005

Before I started working on my regular Saturday project, I put a little time in on the next band of Celtic Band Sampler. I will be doing that as time permits now as I want to get this one done in time to fit Medieval Town Mandala into my rotation when the online class begins on October 1st...
And, then I moved on to Mermaid Heaven, my usual Saturday project... I had hopes of finishing this page, but ran out of steam tonight... I will have to finish her hair another time (we are going to a wedding next Saturday in western Massachusetts.... so I probably will just work on a small car project instead of Mermaid Heaven next Saturday....)...

Ryan Newman wins the Domino's Pizza 250 in Michigan!!

Well, it is not a Nextel Cup Race, but Ryan Newman won the Busch Series race for the second week in a row today - and this time I watched it :-) Woo hoo!!! I can only hope tomorrow will go as well... unlike last week.... :-( (both photos are from www.nascar.com)

And, just as I was beginning to wonder about it yesterday, the bead pack I ordered for Taj Mahal arrived today :-)
And, I just found out I was high bidder on ebay for this really pretty Jelly Bean 28 ct fat quarter by Silkweaver on ebay.... cool!

Mike and I went to WalMart today to run some errands, and I picked up some fun classics in the DVD "dump bin": Cocoon and Boomerang :-)

Stitched on today: Celtic Band Sampler and Mermaid Heaven

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have band sampler finished in no time. The band you've just started on looks really pretty.

The fabric you chose for Mermaid Heaven suits it so well doesn't it.

I hope you enjoy the wedding next weekend.

Kiwi Jo said...

All your projects are beautiful Carol. I think you are going to finish a number of them at the same time which will be exciting for us loyal readers!

Jenn said...

Mermaid Heaven is looking great! I think at first I wasn't crazy about working on mine but, once i got going on the hair the baby really started coming to life and I don't want to put it down! I'll be posting a current scan of mine later today.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Once you get past that BS band the rest of the sampler just zips along! You'll finish it in no time!!!

Kathy said...

Wow the band sampler is coming along brilliantly Carol and Mermaid is look fab too.

HUgs xxxx

BeckySC said...

Wonderful, Wonderful progress, Carol!