Sunday, August 07, 2005

Passione Ricamo SAL

I finally got back to working on the Passione Ricamo SAL today... I got a bit more done of the light grey shading and of the white in the gown. I hope Miracle Butterfly will be a happy dance soon :-) I am working at getting back into my rotation now.
I also ended up stitching for a while after I had blogged last night. I hadn't intended to, but the opportunity arose... so I got some of the mother mermaid's hair done too on Mermaid Heaven

The last of my ongoing ebay bids came in today - I got a little collection of hand dyed fabrics from various auctions, and I am really pleased with them - I got a blue/green belfast fat quarter by The Blended Needle (has no official name), Mindy's Medley #3 belfast fat quarter by Sugar Maple Fabrics,and Jamaican Sea belfast fat quarter from the now out of business Dyeing4U...

Some have asked questions about the basement - Mike and David worked on it for another 10 hours today.... we have made it into three more rooms - one is a much larger family room than the one we already have.... the other two are designated to be (1) a computer room - to get the computers out of my living room now - woo hoo! and (2) a room for my treadmill and my STASH - also woo hoo!

Red Sox 11, Twins 7... but a disappointing day for Ryan Newman who came in somewhere in the early 30's.... dropped to 7th in points. They said so little about him in the race today - problems getting his car to run well... then near the end I noticed he had some big black "bandage" on the nose of his car, but not a word was spoken as to whether he had gotten hit?? If you are not Dale Earnhardt, Jr. or Jeff Gordon, good luck getting your name or race details even mentioned by the announcers... why did they spend half the day showing Earnhardt Jr running poorly - at least until he crashed and left the race....why not focus on some of the other drivers? There are 43 of them in the race, after all.... so, no clue why there was a black bandage on the car... probably will never know!

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

8 comments:

Bastet said...

Miracle Butterfly is coming along quite well. She's been a favorite of mine. Can't wait till the next update! :)

Kathy said...

Wow Carol you have done loads since last asw it, looking forward to the next update already.

Hugs xxxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooooh Carol aren't you tempted to wrap up Miracle Butterfly? I can't stand it when I start to see the end of a project, that's when I become obsessed!

Do you SAL every Sunday? I do have a stocking from Passione Riccamo that I'd like to get stitched for my Mum.

Unknown said...

Wow - I do love that Mermaid Heaven, that piece is really beautiful. Miracle Butterfly looks so close :) You stitch SO fast, I can't believe how many large projects you can finish in a year!

I picked up Legends a bit at lunch, I'm actually not enjoying it right now because of the over one stitching of the word magic - not that the overone is a problem in general, for some reason it's just not catching my attention. Plus my wrist has been bothering me so holding up my q-snaps is a problem, I may stick to something smaller for a bit ...

Dawn T. said...

They are both beautiful!!

Katrina said...

I can see a HD for Miracle Butterfly not too far away Carol :)
Isn't the baby on Mermaid Heaven so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Miracle Butterfly. You stitch so fast. One minute you're showing us the fabric you chose, the next we're seeing finishes lol.

Well done - she's gorgeous!

BeckySC said...

Both your progresses are awesome as always, Carol :)

Thanks for sharing with us :)