Sunday, August 28, 2005

Is it really Sunday already??

Wow, it is so hard to believe it is Sunday already.... I wanted to finish the wing on Miracle Butterfly today, but there is still a small bit left...
I was very ADHD-like today, very distracted, by the reports of approaching Hurricane Katrina, and, on a much more minor note, about the carbs I ate at the wedding yesterday..... kicking myself in the butt over that all day! I am very worried, seriously, about the storm approaching, and I left a comment for Dawn tonight, as she is in Mississippi, in the storm's path! My prayers to everyone in that area. This one could be big, and I hope the forecasters are wrong... stay safe!! (image of the storm path is from www.cnn.com)

Red Sox 11, Tigers 3... and much better pitching from the Red Sox today :-) I just hope this is a sign of making a more positive turn for them.

Well, it will be a short week for me. I took Friday off, and then we have Monday off as it is Labor Day here in the USA.... "the unofficial last weekend of summer," as they call it around here.

Oh, I ordered the Kreiniks and the Mill Hill beads for Woodland Fairy, as well as the charm pack for Gardener's Cottage (only 0.98, and I know I want to stitch this one someday) since Stitching Bits & Bobs is having another sale... and she sent notice today that one of my orders is shipping, but I can't figure out which one because I haven't been receiving invoices with the items listed from them any longer since they switched how they use PayPal on their site... so it will be a surprise :-) I hope it is the new Mirabilia :-)

Jo and I are going to be doing a SAL soon, and if you are interested, we would love to have you join us! We will be stitching Garden Spots Sampler by Samplers and Such, using Victoria Clayton's silk conversion....

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

edited to add: Just before I went to bed tonight, I did pick up Miracle Butterfly again and I finished off her wing :-)

8 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Thanks for your concern, Carol. I am nervous about this one! I will try to keep everyone updated but they are forcasting widespread power outages and floods so I may not be able to post but I will figure out a way to let you know that we are okay here.

Hugs,
Dawn

Unknown said...

Wow - great progress while I was away :) Miracle butterfly looks great with her other wing filled in!

Anonymous said...

Carol,
I have also been praying for everyone in the hurricanes path and have it on the Weather Channel quite a bit.
Miracle Butterfly is looking great!

Kathy said...

Wow your Miracle Butterfly and the garden arte looking fantastic I shall look forward to more WIPS.

Will be starting CW soon I hope, got UFO to finish and a Robin then on with it. Looking forward to starting this. It is going to llok fab when done

Hugs xxxxx

Gill said...

Miracle Butterfly looks so beautiful, you are doing a lovely job.

Bastet said...

Looking good! Too bad you couldn't've finsihed up the wing, but the more to look forward to next time. Bet you hate seeing white about now....

Unknown said...

Your stitching is looking gorgeous there Carol, coming along a treat. You are as prolific as Katrina and Lisa, I admire all your workings.

Bastet said...

Nope didn't see the edit. That's what I get for skimming down through the next day when extremely tired. Miss things. :)