Sunday, August 21, 2005

Time to set a start date for Celtic Winter SAL... are you in the group??

If so, please leave me a comment or email me as to when in September you would like to start the SAL... thanks!!! I guess it is time to start figuring that out now... Also, please let me know if you are still in the group too :-) I hope you are!!
I didn't stitch for very long today, but I did get a couple of hours in on
Miracle Butterfly, as it is Passione Ricamo SAL day.... and I want to get this one done soon to open up the slot for the Celtic Winter SAL in my rotation... I am happy to see her other wing is now getting filled in... but I am not enjoying working with the blending filament in her wings (got that part done tonight) - however, the black outline inside the border is done with black blending filament. I am wondering if I should torture myself and do it that way, or if I should just stitch that backstitch lining of the border with black floss.... I think I just talked myself into doing it that way :-)
I came across a new seller of hand dyed fabrics on ebay today - figured I would give this one a try - no idea what I will use it for, but wanted to check it out! This is a 28 ct fabric, only 13" x 11".... hmmmm... wonder how it looks in person....

Ryan Newman ran a good race, but remains 8th in points.... while Red Sox 5, Angels 1 - thanks to homers by Edgar Renteria and Manny Ramirez... and a cool bunt play by David Ortiz... first bunt hit of his career, I believe they said... funny to see him to it :-)

Oh, and I finished my bids on pretty new daylilies from my favorite ebay daylily seller... this one, Alpine Mist, is most adorable - it is a little mini daylily, and I am so excited to be adding it to my garden now!!!

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new daylily is really pretty. I didn't realise there were so many varieties lol.

I dont mind when in September we start CW. I'll just 'go with the flow' so to speak. And yes, I'm still in the group.

Right, off to try and make this poorly sick stitcher and her poorly sick puddy cat feel a little better I think :o(

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I have been visitng you blog regularly but have been unable to leave a comment - my system blocked up before. Anyway - congratulations on your progress pictures. They are always very impressive.
I am still light years away from those projects. My time is also very limited.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I am making a mental note to search eBay for flower bulbs. I never thought to do that! That daylily is beautiful. The gardens around my home need a ton of help.

Everytime I pop in over here you are working on something amazing. Your blog is an inspiration!

Jenn said...

I'm going to work on Celtic Spring while everyone else does Celtic Winter. I'm still in. I got my floss last week and I've had my fabric for a while.

Kitty Couture said...

You'll soon have a happy dance with Miracle Butterfly!

I just saw your post about the new mermaids by Mirabilia and they are wonderful! An absolute must-stitch for you.
Pity Sebastien doesn't care for mermaids at all...

Kathy said...

Hi Carol

Ye si am still in for the CW SAL, got most of the things I need just a few threads as I am running out of colours with these robins that I doing.

Love the flowers and material, they look great.

Hugs xxxxx

Bastet said...

Miracle Butterfly looks like she's nearing completion. She is so lovely. It's nice to know that she doesn't have war paint, that was my impression each time I see her. Mermaid heaven is starting to take on a life of it's own. You should be close to having an opening for Celtic Winter when the time comes... :)

Running Kiwi said...

You're nearly finished another one Carol - wow! I think I have hero worship happening LOL

It wasn't until Jenn's comment I thought of doing a different Celtic lady - I've had the threads ready for Celtic Summer for ages ... maybe I'll join and stitch that one - would you mind?

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, I picked up the magazine for you yesterday so I'll get it in the post in the next few days. I don't mind when the SAL starts either, I have to get a couple of the beads still but I'm working on that, lol.

Schokti said...

Miracle Butterfly is looking lovely, Carol. You are such an enabler - I so look forward to seeing your update pics. That fabbie looks interesting, too. Any thoughts on what you will use it for?

BeckySC said...

MB is looking wonderful. :)

Still contemplating whether or not I wanna join in the SAL. I have everything but my fabby. Just not sure how much stitching I would actually get done on her and how often. Is this a set day SAL or is everyone stithcing at their own speeds???

love ya!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, Carol. From reading your profile it seems we have a lot in common with hobbies and occupation...except I am an Orioles fan;)

Quick question, what is a SAL? I have seen that noted on several blogs. Hubby got me CW for my birthday and would love to join you if you don't mind an extra.

Leslie

Chris said...

Here I am de-lurking...to express my envy and admiration for MB, et al, and to ask who the fabby seller on ebay is...?