Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! Lots of Hand Dyed Fabrics For Sale!!


I gathered up the two DMC flosses that I needed today, and I got back to work on And A Forest Grew. It moves along quickly, and there are lots of color changes. At this point, it still looks like I have as much floss as I started with! There is more color in it today :-)

To help defray a portion of Angus's huge veterinary bill, I am going to sell off some of my precious hand dyed fabrics... if you want any of these, please let me know. I take PayPal (preferred), but will accept check or money order if you are in the US. Shipping is $1.50 in the US, and just a tad more for multiple purchases. Outside of the US, just let me know - we'll talk :-) (And, thank you so much for your help!!)

Top Row:
Silkweaver Classics Limited Edition Color (pink), 32 ct belfast, 18" x 18", $6 -sold
Sugar Maple Fabrics Atlantis 28 ct Jubilee, 18" x 27", $15 -sold
R&R Reproductions Fanci Blue, 32 ct linen, 12" x 21.5", $6 -sold
Silkweaver Golden Promise 36 ct Edinburgh linen, 18" x 26", $16 -sold
Silkweaver Ice Blue 28 ct Opalescent Lugana, 18" x 26", $17 -sold
Middle Row:
Silkweaver Sundown 32 ct belfast linen, 18" x 26", $17 -sold
Silkweaver Spring Garden 32 ct Jobelan, 18" x 26", $17 -sold
Silkweaver 32 ct Country French linen Solo (gorgeous purple/blue blend), 16" x 21", $13 -sold
Silkweaver 32 ct lugana Solo, rose/blue/peach (soft and beautiful), 17" x 26", $14 -sold
Sugar Maple Fabrics Forget Me Knot Grove 28 ct lugana, 18" x 27", $15 -sold
Bottom Row:
Sugar Maple Fabrics Tumult 32 ct belfast (STUNNING!!), 18" x 27", $22 -sold
Sugar Maple Fabrics 32 ct belfast "Mindy's Medleys" (like SW solo - greens/blues), 18" x 27", $15 -sold
Silkweaver Regal Bravery 28 ct Metallic Quaker (says 25 ct, is really 28 ct), discontinued color, 18" x 26", $17 -sold
Silkweaver Autumn Breeze 28 ct lugana (discontinued color), 18" x 26", $15 -sold
Sugar Maple Fabrics Peach Berry Cobbler 28 ct lugana, 18" x 27", $15 -sold

Goal Re-Cap Time:
December Goals:
1. Finish Mystery IX -yes, all done!
2. Work on Paradigm Lost SAL with Jo -yes
3. Finish An Emblem of Love -yes, all done!
4. Stitch some gifts -yes, stitched & finished 12 gifts in December
5. Work on Bordeaux Sampler SAL with Anne and Leslie -yes, just a little
6. Finish Women of the Mayflower -yes, all done!
7. Work on Dianne's Neighborhood RR -no... sure wish I could decide what to stitch on this one - has to be sent to The Netherlands on 1/15!!
8. If at all possible, work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow -no....
I also found a little time in December to work on Blessings Be Thine, 17th Century Irish Garden, And A Forest Grew, and Mermaid and the Sea

January Goals:
1. Work on And A Forest Grew
2. Start Long Dog Mystery Sampler
3. Work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
4. Stitch some gifts
5. Work on Paradigm Lost SAL with Jo
6. Work on Bordeaux Sampler SAL with Anne and Leslie
7. Stitch and post Dianne's Neighborhood RR

As for goals for 2007, I really don't think I will set any. I tried doing that in 2005 and 2006, and what happens is that projects come along and sidetrack me, I get into SALs, and those tricky designers release new designs to throw a wrench in all well-intended plans! But, so far I do know that I will be a doing an SAL of Barnabee's Quest with Michelle, Jenna and Andrea in February.... an SAL of Spring Ride with Karen C. in March (is it March, Karen?).... and I decided today with the new release of The Gift of Stitching that I will definitely do the Long Dog Mystery Sampler, even if I don't keep up with it each month. It is about 150 x 250 stitches and is dense stitching... I want 2007 to be a year with less goal oriented pressure... and I will continue on in the Neighborhood RR... and finish my current SALS... and of course, there will be a Mirabilia - there is always a Mirabilia! (Oh, and finish some WIPS, like Angel of Love, Mermaid Heaven, 17th Century Irish Garden, A Christmas Spirit, Mermaid and the Sea... the list is already long!!).

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! Back to work tomorrow! Angus is doing well - still has the ravenous appetite and now is sleeping with us. It is funny (but sad) to see him bang into everything with that plastic E-collar on!

Stitched on today:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol your project is just really pretty!! How nice that you even feel like stitching after everything with Angus! I am so glad he is doing well and I am sure he is much happier now that he is home! You are really making such great progress on this and I love watching your progress!! Debby

Anonymous said...

Carol, i'm sending you my best wishes for this new year : a lot of joy and of course a very big lot of stitches.

Anonymous said...

Another lovely project and look at all those gorgeous fabrics for sale! I have my order in :o)

Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely project you're working on! And fabulous fabrics too, what a pity you have to sell them :(

I'm glad to hear Angus is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Awww the project you are stitching is lovely. Wow you had alot of HD's in 2006, hope you have just as many this year hun.

Happy New Year to you & Yours

Hugs n' Stitches xxxxx

Annemarie said...

Happy New Year Carol!!!!
I've missed reading your blog. Self-inflicted deprivation, but still, it's great to be back online!
And my gosh, have you been busy! This new 'project you're doing is simpky gorgeous. And the Mystery finished, too!
I was sorry to read about poor Angus, but very glad he seems to be doing better.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Carol!

Lovely progress on your piece!

I agree with the annual goals I reveiwed mine and didn't meet most of them. I get sidetracked too!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Carol...I keep eyeing Mike's scissors...LOL!

You had a wonderful stitching year and I've enjoyed every minute reading your blog! Here's to all your hopes and dreams coming true in 2007!

Glad to hear Angus is doing much better :)
{{hugs}}

Kitty Couture said...

Wow Carol! Your fabric sale had a huge success! :)

Michelle said...

I am so glad that Angus is home and doing well! Hurrah!!! Your M9 is gorgeous and well worth all of the time and effort you put into it. Are you planning a new Chatelaine for 2007? Your progress on AAFG is wonderful - I love that piece!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Angus is continuing to improve. AAFG continues to look gorgeous

monique said...

looks like I missed the fabric sale :( I'm so glad that Angus is back home and doing well!

Anonymous said...

Good morning and Happy New Year Carol...nice to see Angus back and eating well. :)

Joanie said...

Love your project! I am so happy that Angus is finally home to you and Mike!
Wishing all of you the very best 2007 has to offer you, full of stitching, love and laughter!

Anonymous said...

And A Forest Grew is very kewl. WOW! I'm in 2 SALs for 2007 & plan to pick up whatever looks good at the moment. LOL