Monday, October 09, 2006

Columbus Day Holiday

How nice it was to have the day off from work. It was in the 80's F here, and probably the last time for several months. It was nice! And, I worked a bit more tonight on An Emblem of Love. The swan is finally stitched :-)
I received two RAK's in the past week (or more) and forgot to share them. Becky sent me this beautiful Truly Thine chart, one of the retired Loose Feathers Club designs from Blackbird Designs. And, Karen sent me a stunning custom cut of Days Gone By belfast by Silkweaver for Jeannette Douglas's My Stitching Treasures! What lovely gifts, thank you!!!!
Daylily: Swedish Girl

Stitched on today: An Emblem of Love

15 comments:

Von said...

EOL is looking great!! An extra day off is sure a nice thing now and then. :D Glad it was such a beautiful day, that helps too. :D

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Carol, what great RAKs! And your EOL is looking fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love the chart Carol and your Emblem of Love is looking amazing.

Kitty Couture said...

Ooooh, I love that medallion with the swan!! What lovely gifties from Becky and Karen :)

Annemarie said...

Lovely gifties, Carol! It goes without saying that EOL is lovely.

Jenn said...

EoL is coming along nicely. The fabric that Karen sent you is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

EoL is such a lovely and delicate piece. I love it.

Wendy said...

Emblem is looking great - you have made wonderful progress on it. And how nice to be RAK'ed!

AuntSuze said...

Love how your Emblem is coming along! Great gifts from your friends also!!

Anonymous said...

Your Emblem is looking great! It's so nice to be remembered by your friends.

Michelle said...

EOL looks beautiful...I love the swan too! Glad to see you got to it. Days Gone By is gorgeous fabric - I have a piece to do my Egyptian Garden on. Love that chart too...great RAKs!

Karoline said...

EoL is looking gorgeous Carol

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

EOL is really looking good! Wasn't the holiday nice?! My DH had work off and we went Christmas shopping....a little early I know...but with 4 kids we've got to get the *hot* toys while they are available! LOL!
Great Stitching!!!

Barb said...

The emblem is pretty. You have such a beautiful blog. I enjoy coming back and visiting it. I'm not allergic to those flowers!

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, I've been so enjoying watching both your EOL and Karen's grow each week, the colours are so pretty. What lovely mail to get too :)