Monday, October 02, 2006

Mermaids of the Deep Blue is Finished


Mermaids of the Deep Blue

Mirabilia

Stitches & Spice 32 ct Ocean Waves Belfast Linen

DMC, Kreinik #4 Braid, Mill Hill Beads, Mill Hill Treasures

Stitched 12/31/05 - 10/2/06


Since I did not have to work today, I sat myself down, watched some syndicated sitcoms like What I Like About You, Reba, According to Jim, My Wife And Kids, and such... and got all the rest of that beading done. They are done!!!!! This was a fun stitch! Mike took this photo with his digital camera and he captured the color of the linen much better than mine ever has.
So... then I really didn't have a whole lot of time left over to work on An Emblem of Love, so the swan is not stitched yet. Everything in the medallion around the swan is finished, plus another little pinkish heart to the right of the medallion - next week, I really hope to stitch the swan :-) I still adore this project!
I finally took a photo of this incredibly adorable scissor fob that Su made for me. Isn't it cute? My photo is blurry! And, I thought I had done a good job! This fob got some nice compliments at CATS :-) Su also sent me the chart from Shepherd's Bush's St. Peter's Fair, which she must have seen on my Wish List - thanks again Su! (The fob says, "roses grow in a sweet little row" - Su knows me so well!
And, another giftie - Becky must have seen a comment I left somewhere saying that I feel like Charlie Brown since I owned zero needlerolls - she took care of that and sent me this sweet little Halloween one! Now, at last, I do own a needleroll! I need to go and buy a basket for it - it will look a bit lonely in there, but I do believe these are to be displayed in baskets - LOL! Thank you Becky and Su - you are both sooo sweet!

Now, I don't want to panic anyone about yesterday's comment about my concerns over two friends suffering losses. I got some very concerned emails - nobody has passed away, nobody is ill, everyone's children are safe... I am just feeling sad over other losses my friends are experiencing. I did not mean to alarm anyone. Sorry about that!!

Stitched on today: Mermaids of the Deep Blue and An Emblem of Love

45 comments:

Dianne said...

Your mermaids are beautiful! Congrats!!!
And Su and Becky are so sweet to send you examples of their lovely stitching.

CindyMae said...

Congrats on the wonderful finish of the mermaids! Wow what a beautiful finish!!!!

Von said...

You got an excellent picture of your mermaids, Carol! I'm sure it's spectacular in person. :D

Kendra said...

Wow, the mermaids are so pretty! That fabric really works for them, it's almost as if it's a photo rather than a stitched piece! Great job! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your mermaids are just gorgeous Carol! Congratulations on a beautiful finish :)

EoL is looking lovely too - I'm looking forward to getting back to mine later this week.

Great gifties - I especially love Su's fob, what pretty colours!

Kitty Couture said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mermaids of the Deep Blue are absolutely stunning. My, those colours!!

What sweet gifties you got from Su and Becky!! You left that comment regarding needlerolls on my blog and apparently I'm not the only one to have stored the info carefully... Only Becky is months quicker than me!! How sweet of her and Su :) :)

Nicki said...

Congratulations! Your mermaids look beautiful :) Lovely fabric! And Emblem of Love is looking very pretty too :)

What wondeful gifts from Su and Becky as well. How lovely!

RĂ³sa said...

The mermaids are gorgeous! Congratulations! :-) And what sweet gifts from your friends.

Dawn B. said...

Great work.. Congrats on the finish. Hope things work out for your freinds.

Anonymous said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Did I say they were stunning? Well, they are. I can't believe how much the beads added to their beauty (which was enough without the beads :)). Congrats you must just be adoring them.

Annemarie said...

Gasp! The Mermaids look amazing! I know I'm in danger of repeating myself, but I'm always amazed when you finish such a large project. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Your mermaids look electric on that fabric and all that beading... They look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carol!! Congratulations on finishing the mermaids - they are just so spectacular!!

mainely stitching said...

Hey, Carol, those are some lovely gifties (for a lovely woman) - enjoy!

Your Mermaids are stunning. You must be so happy to have completed such a gorgeous project!!!

Jenn said...

Congrats Carol! I love how the fabric gets lighter the higher up you go...kind of like they are rising up in the water. Your FOB from Sue is so cute so is the needele roll from Becky. I always think they look so nice in a basket. I don't think it will be lonely in there for long *grin*

Christine said...

Your mermaids.... Mmmmummmm ! I love them !!!

Shelleen said...

your mermaids are beautiful! Aewsome finish!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carol on a stunning finish. Mike took a great photo!

ollie1976 said...

Great job on the Mermaids-absolutely beautiful!
-Jen

Unknown said...

I'm speechless! It just looks amazing! I love the mermaids!

Joyce said...

Wow. How beautiful! The mermaids are just lovely, Carol. And, as always, I'm inspired and impressed by how much stitching you do.

Your new gifts are so pretty, too!

Anne S said...

What gorgeous gifts from both Su and Becky - they're just awesome! And your mermaids are exquisite - that photo really sets off the colours, and they really do look amazing! :D Woohoo!! :D

Kali said...

Your mermaids look fabulous Carol! Congrats on your finish :) Emblem of love is coming along nicely as well

Karoline said...

Your mermaids are stunning Carol, congratulations. EOL is looking good as well.

Margie said...

Your mermaids are beautiful! I wish I could see them in person, I bet they are stunning.

Cathy B said...

Congrats on your mermaid finish - the colors are really vibrant!

Gifties from Su and Becky are fabulous too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your mermaids. They are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Susimac said...

Mermaids are stunning
, congratulations on getting them finished, I know I never would, Love your eol too.
Glad you liked your wee gift. Your needleroll from Becky is so cute.

Me :) said...

Love the Mermaids!! fantastic work.

Andrea said...

Mermaids is just wonderful. The colours are stunning.
Su and Becky did a great job with the gifts.
Take care.

lena-lou said...

Stunning, stunning finish on your mermaids Carol. I love the EOL colours as I've told Karen about hers. I nearly thought Su's fob (which is lovely) to you was the ornie you had made recently....I'm still waiting to see it :-)) Nice gift from Becky too!!

Judith said...

Congrats on the finish it is beautifull.

Lisa said...

I agree with everyone, Mermaids is beautiful!

Love the Halloween roll too.

Katrina said...

yippee Carol - all finished and they look simply stunning, the fabric colour was a perfect choice :)

what lovely little gifties from Su and Becky, aren't stitchin friends just the best!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Your Mermaids are stunning!!! Totally gorgeous!!!

Svenja said...

The mermaids are stunning! The colours are so vibrant, great picture!

Missy said...

Mermaids are gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carol! The Mermaids look absolutely Stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Carol! The mermaids are gorgeous, congratulations on a stunning finish :o)

Mary said...

Mermaids of the Deep Blue is absolutely beautiful. Congrats. I can now imagine the Mermaids with the sun shimering in the water above. The beads look great!

Concetta said...

Congratulations on your mermaids finish... beautiful! I'll look forward to seeing them framed at some point. :)

Anonymous said...

The mermaids turned out absolutely beautifully! I am really impressed. :) I can't wait to see them framed up.

Schokti said...

Oh, these ladies are gorgeous, Carol! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Chiara said...

Wonderful!!!