Saturday, September 23, 2006

Backstitching & Beading

That is what I am down to (pretty much) now with Mermaids of the Deep Blue. I thought that tonight I was going to write that all the x's were done... but oops! Not so! I realized just a little bit ago that there is some Kreinik braid still to be done for the baubles around the hands of the upper mermaid... other than that, though, I just need to backstitch the arms of each mermaid and then do all that beading. I remember that Katrina had mentioned that it took her about a week to do the beading on hers. It will take me longer since I have SAL commitments and the trip to Hershey, PA next week :-)
It was a good mail day today - the first good one in a long while. I received some nice fabrics, which was a treat! I received my Treat of the Month from Sugar Maple Fabrics, and it is Winter Meadow belfast this month - very nice! I also received a FQ of 40 ct Light Cappucino by R&R, which I got for the greatest deal on ebay... and I got some Crystal Carnival belfast from Picture This Plus in a trade - for M Designs' new chart with the sun setting... cannot recall it's name! I saw somewhere that this is the called for fabric.
Daylily: Pastilline

Hey, good news - Mike and I had dinner at my mother's tonight and my sister was also there. May seem like nothing, but my family almost never sees each other anymore (which makes me sad), so this was a real treat. Mom made a wonderful roast pork dinner tonight, and I had a good time :-)

Stitched on today: Mermaids of the Deep Blue

10 comments:

CindyMae said...

The Mermaids are looking so beautiful, can not wait to see them after you backstitch and bead!

Kitty Couture said...

Can't believe the Mermaids are almost done Carol - how do you do it! ;) They're gorgeous :)

Those fabrics are very nice too! :)

Glad to hear you had a special family time :) I'd be very sad too if my family went apart somehow. Hopefully you'll do that again soon! :)

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

The mermaids are almost done, and look wonderful.

I also miss a lot the family meetings, being so far away is something a really miss. My husband's family do not use to get together, in 6 years a have meet with then only 3 times :(

Unknown said...

Mermaids is looking wonderful Carol.
Glad you had a good time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Mermaids are looking great as always. Nice fabbies.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see all the beading done! It's so good you got to see your family. I sometimes feel like I see mine too much!

Wendy said...

Your mermaids look stunning on the fabric you are using ~ and so close to being completed!

Love the new fabrics you got - I am so in love with hand-dyed fabbies these days.

Concetta said...

Beautiful mermaids (you're nearly done!!); to die for fabric; and I'm glad you had such a nice family get together. Most of my family is in Italy, so I know what it feels like not being able to get together very often.

Schokti said...

Those mermaids sure are looking lovely, Carol! Can't wait to see them all done!

Anonymous said...

Coming along beautifully! :) Those hand-dyed fabrics that you received are quite stunning. Makes for a nice mail day. And what a pleasant surprise that your sister was at your mom's for dinner, as well!