Thursday, April 07, 2005

Started Peacock Cypher SAL tonight

Oy, major internet problems tonight, but let's see if I can get this done....
Image hosted by Photobucket.comI started Just Nan's Peacock Cypher, a new SAL with my friend Karen, tonight. We are both stitching this on Zweigart's Platinum Cashel using the DMC floss alternative... kind of wish I had held out for the silks, but this will turn out great. I know many believe in not stitching the date onto a sampler until the very end, but I had just the perfect length of floss in my hand, and ready for the ort jar, when I decided "what the heck" and stitched it on. If there is some unforeseen tragedy that prevents me from finishing this in 2005, it will only require one tiny little stitch to change it to 2006 anyhow :-)

I attended "therapy school" today - aka, a psychology seminar. This one was really fun, and was called Play Therapy and Beyond: Counseling Techniques with Children and Pre-Teens. The presenter knew his stuff and had a great (funny) personality. He spent a good hour of the seminar showing us how to make proportionally correct stick figures and cool Play-Doh figures and objects. Pretty funny. His website, Clay Therapy, gives more info. So, one might wonder what is therapeutic about Play-Doh, but if you think in terms of making a dinosaur and talking about extinction, while at the same time trying to extinguish a child's maladaptive behavior, it makes sense. Or think of making a race car - remember, race cars need brakes in order to have control.... good for ADHD kids, and so on. I am glad I attended this one, even though sitting in that chair all day sure was uncomfortable.

I felt a bit unwell this evening, so I cheered myself up with some online shopping - I ordered Once Upon A Time, a spool of 085 #4 Kreinik braid for Queen Mermaid, and the embellishments for Ice Blossom and Wintry Mix.... OK, that helped me feel a little better (think I am getting a slight cold and/or PMS) - LOL!

I received a skein of Storm Clouds Waterlilies today from Nikki for our Legends of the Dragons SAL... Hint, hint Nikki - how can I repay you?? (she didn't answer my email request, so maybe posting that question here will help - she is such a sweetie!!)

I had a really lovely ebay win today too:
Image hosted by Photobucket.comLook at these gorgeous little Liz Turner Diehl knot garden charts. I am really drooling over these and am so excited!!!

I really enjoyed watching The Michael Waltrip Celebrity Poker Tournament on the Speed Channel tonight - why? Well... Ryan Newman was playing, and it was fun to watch him in a non-race situation. He plays well - but came in third in tonight's round.... will keep my eye out on Thursday nights for more of this tournament. It is really neat, and even Mike will watch it with me since we both love to play cards :-)

Stitched on tonight: Peacock Cypher and Legends of the Dragons (just a wee tiny bit, because I spent most of the night trying to get Blogger to accept my post - and it only accepted the pic and top portion, better than nothing, I guess!)

4 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Congrats on your Green Old Gardens Happy Dance - it is beautiful. And a great start on Peacock Cypher, I'm really excited to see how this piece progresses.

Gill said...

Love those new charts you won! And your recent finish on Green old Gardens is really lovely, kind of friendly and cheerful looking, if that makes any sense. Good job!

lobea2004 said...

Hi Carol,
I've not posted my compliments yet: Green Old Gardens looks so beautiful!!
Did you read my mail? I'm waiting for an hand-dyed fabric to start a Passione Ricamo too. I'd like to join your forum.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Peacock Cypher looks beautiful already :) If the chart needs a new home when you're done...? ;) And congratulations on Green Old Gardens - it's very pretty and you stitched it really fast!

Karen V