Monday, July 25, 2005

Thank you Katrina!

Oh my! I just received the most lovely birthday package from Katrina today! Just look at all the lovelies she sent me! She even sent me a fantastic Victoria Sampler heart pillow featuring New Zealand - and the pillow backing is a cute NZ themed fabric too! Katrina also sent me an older Indigo Rose chart which I did not photograph. Thank you so much Katrina - you are so sweet!!
Well, yesterday was all about DMC 745, and today was strictly DMC 3820.... but any of you who have stitched this fairy knows what I mean :-) At least her lily petal skirt is really starting to take shape now :-)
I received this pretty Ice Blue on Silver metallic lugana from Sugar Maple Fabrics today.... mmmm, lots of possible ideas for this one! And I also got in the Scent of Old Roses chart and the skein of Desert Sage Silk 'n Colors... lots of pretties for me to look through today :-)
I ordered the final skein of Silk 'n Colors from Paw Prints Cross Stitch that I need for Un Petit Paradis today... while I was there I picked up one of the Liz Turner Diehl historical garden charts that I did not have yet... 18th Century Colonial Garden :-)

I heard some disappointing news today. I heard that The Enchanted Stitcher in Somersworth, NH is closing its doors on Friday :-( Mike and I just found this shop last month, and I loved it. They carry just about every fiber imagineable, many hand dyed fabrics and all the top designers. Now they are closing. I was hoping Mike and I could go up there this weekend while I am off for four days... yikes, if I don't get there Friday I won't get there at all! We have an appt to close on our refinancing of the house on Friday, so that trip all the way up to Somersworth likely won't be able to happen. Oh darn! I liked that shop, it was just too, too far away to frequent often...

There were a lot of blooms again today in my garden, but I can only name a few of them today :-) I apologize to those who cannot see all of the photos. I do have a high speed cable modem, and realize some of you do not... again, I am sorry :-(
Tall Phlox: LauraTall Phlox: StarfireDaylily: Designer JeansDaylily: Nowhere to Hide (my all time favorite)Daylily: Absolute ZeroDaylily: Real WindDaylily: BubblyDaylily: Purple De OroDaylily: My KeeperDaylily: American RevolutionDaylily: Rose CherishDaylily: Siloam Merle Kent

Stitched on today: Petal Fairy...oh, and a bit of Story Time at work :-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Ooooo keep going she is looking great.

Sorry to hear the shop you love is closing down. You may find another one you like just as much. My fav shops are on the internet lol.

Wow what a lovely pressent from Katrin.

Hugs xxxxx

Katrina said...

Hi Carol,I'm really pleased you liked everything and wow, our post service is fast - it was less that a week ago that I sent it to you! I wanted to send you some "kiwi" souvenirs and thought you might just like the little pillow.

Got your email too which I'll reply to later as I'm using my work computer :)