Thursday, December 07, 2006

Corner Close Up

OK, how Mystery IX ends is revealed here... I finished the upper right corner (minus the beading - and there will be a lot of that!) tonight... there will be 88 little tiny urns (all empty) around the outer edge... not sure I like those, but nonetheless, that is what Martina chose. I mean... they are empty??!! Odd! I do like the sparkly fence underneath them, though. Perhaps the urns will grow on me when they are all finished?

I have been busily devoting a ton of time already this month to working on more gifts... I hope I can finish those as well as Mystery IX....

Might get our first snow in the morning. I have tomorrow off, as chance would have it. However, fate has it that my Jeep is at the dealership lot right now awaiting a repair to the remote auto starter, and the Chrysler is a couple of miles down the road with a "For Sale" sign on it... so, if we get the possible 3" of slick stuff tomorrow, that leaves us with only a Corvette to get around in?? Well, the good news is that it should only be a morning event... we'll see... if we can at least get to the Chrysler, we should be OK!! LOL

Stitched on today: Started an ornament, Blessings Be Thine and Mystery IX

8 comments:

Annemarie said...

I LIKE the urns, and I like them empty, actually. I can't wait to see what the beads will be used for!
Your snowy forecast sounds heavenly. All we get is wind and rain. With a bit of luck, we'll have snow in March, at the rate this season is progressing!

mainely stitching said...

Well the urns look really nice, even if empty urns are rather unexpected.

No snow here, but plenty of rain. Send ducks. ;>

Anonymous said...

Imagine each "empty" urn as a key on the piano; alone ... *shrug* ... but imagine the beautiful music they make together. :o) OR, you could be jaded like me and imagine each one has a single bullet in it, just waiting for the x to stroll by ... again. bwa hahahaha!

Ahem. Got my stuff in the mail today, Thank you!!

Wendy said...

I like the urns, I find the look very balancing overall, even if they are empty. Having something in them might take away from the look of the beautiful design inside the fence.

Has this mystery been given a name?

No snow for us yet, but brrrr, its chilly out there.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm liking the urns. I love the shape of them. I would love to see this piece in person. I bet it's awesome!

Nicki said...

I can see what you mean about empty urns but maybe they are the sort that sit on the top of a roof? You know, along a parapet? The type that often get dropped on someone in a murder mystery! They're often empty :)

Mary said...

Very nice Carol!
We only had a few brief snow showers in Boston. Nothing stuck since it's soooo windy but it was interesting to watch it come down so hard only for it to not have stuck. I'm just not ready for winter for some reason.
Take care!

Anne S said...

Woohoo, you're so much closer to getting this one finished :) Have to admit, I don't mind the urns empty ... reminds me of those 'stone' decorations on a wall, rather than actual functional urns hmmm.