Thursday, October 27, 2005

Confetti! ...And, do you know this sampler? Help!

Lots and lots and lots of confetti stitching on Legends of the Dragons tonight! Wisdom finally looks to me like he is growing :-)
Does anyone recognize this sampler?? A lady in Australia is dying to know! I got a request from Karen who owns Dragonfly Dreams in Wentworth Falls, New South Wales for help figuring out what this is.... a customer of hers saw it as a model in an LNS, but nobody knew what it was.... help! Isn't it pretty?? Please let me know if you recognize this and know who the designer is - thank you so much!
Well...just when I was beginning to think I must have somehow insulted my mailman, all the mail I have been waiting for finally arrived today! Seriously, the mail coming to me has been soooooooooo slow in the past couple of weeks. I was really and truly beginning to think that something was wrong! But, today I had great fun opening all of this up. My issue of Cross Stitch Gold finally came in from the UK (about two weeks late). It is 90% Christmas themed - is something wrong with me? I am Christian, yet I dislike Christmas issues of xs magazines. Hmmm... Anyhow, I also got in three gorgeous hand dyed fabrics from an ebay seller - SMF Shimmering Jelly Bean, SMF Bling and Silkweaver Ocean Opalescent belfast... wow, all are stunning! My Silkweaver Fabric of the Month also arrived - a couple of days late, but a stunning brown jobelan solo. I needed this one!! Yay! I also received the specially dyed cobblestone linen and the L&L Firefly Fairies chart that goes with it - it is dyed very nicely! And, part of my Paw Prints order too - the Gatekeeper chart (Amanda has warned me to make sure the color key is correct - yikes! I will get right on that) and the Autumn Fields belfast for Jeannette Douglas' Ottawa Sampler (the NN #4 Kreinik braid for Ottawa Sampler that I also ordered is on order, but they were kind enough to send these two items ahead!). I also received another hand dyed evenweave by Hidden Treasures - Mermaid Garden. So pretty! She is going to do well in the hand dyed business - I am sure of it! Then, while Mike and I were out and about tonight, we were at the bookstore and I got the latest Quick & Easy UK mag, because it has a flower fairy in it :-) Hmmmm, need some of the new DMC linen thread to do this one - good excuse now to go out and try it!
Your Blog Should Be Purple

You're an expressive, offbeat blogger who tends to write about anything and everything.
You tend to set blogging trends, and you're the most likely to write your own meme or survey.
You are a bit distant though. Your blog is all about you - not what anyone else has to say.

I am not sure how to take these results - I have mixed feelings about them, but then again, hey, it is "my" journal, so I guess it is about "me," but I dispute the negative connotation about not attending to what others say? And no, I am not apt to write my own memes, I don't care much for those! But, I do like purple - LOL!
D+

You know that you remembered to put on underwear today...
But really, that's about it!

Now... I KNOW I did better than a D+! Only one question confused me, and I even looked at the phone in my office to verify - NONE of the answers to that question were even right LOL! Guess that is the whole point, right??

Stitched on today: Legends of the Dragons

7 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great stash haul! I'd be stalking the mailman for that great stuff too!

Bastet said...

Whoa! Stash overload. Well worth the wait right Carol? As for being a christian and hating christmas xstitch, good reason, most of the stuff we see around us aren't even related to the christian belief of christmas. It's gone commerical happy for one and two it's gone very generaric. Sorry if that sounds a bit strange, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find the right words....

As for the Fanta Cat chart, hope you have better luck with it than Rhiannon...

Anonymous said...

The mystery sampler is called 'Colonial Sampler' and is from the 'Donna Kooler's Glorious Needlepoint' book... I have sent you an email icluding the ISBN number...

Unknown said...

You have got to be on a first name basis with that mailman of yours! What a haul!

Unknown said...

What a great mail day :)

Wisdom looks great! He really starts to move fast towards the end - unfortunately I haven't had time to continue backstitching him - maybe next week after the website is up and running.

Dawn T. said...

Legends is looking great!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning mail day you received. All your stitching is coming along really nicely, I've been away for a few days and the first thing I did was to come and catch up with your wonderful stitching. :)