Thursday, October 20, 2005

Too Tired to Stitch Dragons Tonight...

...I worked late tonight and by the time I got home, had dinner, read the mail, talked to Mike, fed the cats, various other things... I was just too tired to stitch Wisdom tonight. I couldn't really see myself doing all of that confetti stitching. I know I would have messed it up! But Girl with Cat had a lot of appeal... it is an easy and pleasant stitch. I actually got a lot done... filled in the seat of the chair, gave the cat the finishing touches to his face, did a good amount of her right sleeve.... not bad for a night when I am so tired. I will probably find time this weekend to work on Legends of the Dragons, as I very much would like to keep up with this SAL.

And, a little bit of stash came in today - a pack of Mill Hill beads and a spool of Kreinik #4 for upcoming Mirabilias.... and a pretty fat quarter of Sugar Maple Fabric Eye of the Storm belfast :-)

And... did a little bit of shopping today too... sigh... I bought a cut of Autumn Fields belfast for Jeannette Douglas' Ottawa Sampler, as well as the Needle Necessities Kreinik #4 braid for it... and this new Fanta Cat chart, Gatekeeper. I love all the different elements in the scene.

I gave Silkweaver a bunch of business too - guess I am looking to put her twins through college LOL!! - I got this pretty belfast solo, and I also ordered two fat quarters of either edinburgh or newcastle linen (their choice) in colors of their choice from their Spooktacular Sale :-) Cool! Looking forward to seeing what they choose for me! I hope to get good colors for samplers.

Stitched on today: Girl with Cat and 17th Century Irish Garden (at work)

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Aww Carol, love that design.

I'm considering ordering a small treat bag of Silkweaver's spooktacular sale!

Hope you're having a good night's sleep after that long day! (you must be sleeping as I'm writing this!)

Shelleen said...

Girl With Cat looks so soft. I can't wait to see more of this.

BeckySC said...

Hi Carol,
No worries that you didn't stitch on Legends tonight-you are the most dedicated rotation stticher I know-so it will get the attention it desrves :)
Your progress looks great.
I hope you are rested today.

many hugs :)

Bastet said...

Girl with Cat is very pretty, she's in my stash, somewhere...as to the Fanta Cat pattern, have you checked to see if the color chart matches the pattern? I know it sounds a bit odd, but I have Rhiannon by them and the color guide is nowhere near what the pattern says, luckily there's so little to her that I can figure out what goes where, though I've been a bit timid about buying anymore of the patterns....