Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Are you bored with MTM yet?

I figure that pretty much all of you are bored with Medieval Town Mandala by now... but since this is my stitching journal, well... this is what is going on in my stitching life right now :-) I worked on the little house at each end of the row tonight, and for the longest time they each looked like little pieces of toast with faces on them. But, there is a bunch of bavarian type backstitching to go on them, so I figure they won't look like toast for too much longer! Thanks, Judi, for eyeballing the chart and confirming for me that that is the symbol for PB02 in the roof of the "toast." It helps to have a buddy doublechecking the color key with Martina's designs!!

Q. Do you or have you stitched with over-dyed threads? (Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Six Strand Sweets, etc.) If so, what is your opinion concerning them? If not, why not?

A. Yes, I use them all - and I really like them! Over-dyed threads have added a whole new dimension to my stitching. I love to try out the most popular designs, and find that almost all of them call for over-dyed threads....just love them!!

Well.... Celebrations time is here! My first class is Friday, and another on Saturday :-) I have already heard from Margaret, and need to get in touch with Jenn now to set up a meeting time/place or at least swap our cell phone numbers again (that worked out well for us last year!).

Stitched on today: Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler and Medieval Town Mandala

13 comments:

Nicki said...

Carol - I'm never bored with seeing MTM! It looks wonderful and I know how much stitching goes into one of these mandalas! Keep going and keep showing us those piccies! :)

Anonymous said...

Bored?? Not at all, very impress in fact. I can see how tough it must be.

I try stitching the 8 corner pillow. Same 4 sides right but I had to defrog it 3 times due to wrong way of crosses. That MTM must takes up alot of concentration in order not to cross it wrongly.

Unknown said...

Bored? How could we possibly be bored of your stitching Carol? It's perfect.

I do like to see pics of your kitties (I'd love to see all 6 of them) and now your beautiful garden.

cathymk said...

Carol I had to share the toast houses with my husband - thank-you for the laugh.
Do you suppose that the villagers are warm as toast?

Annemarie said...

Bored with following your progress on MTM? Never! I WOULD be bored silly if I had to stitch it myself, but watching someone else build the town is quite a different matter. So please, keep on 'boring' us!

Karoline said...

Not at all bored with MTM, I'm really enjoying watching your progress on this one

Judith said...

I won't be bored looking as I am also posting about it a lot LOL. I will post another piccie tonight from my progress on part 8. Now I have to go and start diner otherwise it won't be ready when my DH comes home.

Shelleen said...

zI love watching MTM grow and you are doing a fabulous job.

Sari (saristitching) said...

Bored? Oh no! That is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm with all the other folks who've responded. :) I think it's a lot of fun to watch a large project unfold. Maybe I'm just insane ;)

Deb L

catandturtle said...

Carol, I am so impressed with your work and the MTM; it is beautiful. I am a stitcher in NH too and have started my own blog called Needles in my sleeve, which is a bad habit. :) I have been stitching forever, it seems, and it is my passion. It has been wonderful reading your blog and seeing all your finished work; truly inspiring. :) Ann (catandturtle).

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great start on this months part of MTM!! I love your little slices of toast:)

Have fun at Celebrations this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I thought that you were saying that YOU were bored. LOL. I'm not bored. :)