Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mermaid Heaven

Time for some other mermaids tonight! I took a look at my May goals to see how I was doing, and noticed I had not yet picked Mermaid Heaven up this month. It was very easy to decide to work on these mermaids tonight. I did an awful lot of brown rock and brown hair tonight. But the good news is that this project is such a quick moving piece every time I pick it up. Once I get through the last huge chunk of MTM, this one will probably get finished quickly :-)

The nice, hot weather continues here (I adore hot weather - I was born on one of the hottest days of the year in 1963, so that may have led to my love of the heat). My office in Haverhill looks a tiny bit better - the landlord has put up some new ceiling tiles, but not the two that need to be cut (they are in the curved part of the ceiling where the window bays out). Many are very water stained. Ugh. No news yet on my new office, though. That is a bit of a slow process... in the meantime, I must forge on...

Stitched on today: Surprise project that cannot be posted here ;-), and
Mermaid Heaven

11 comments:

Nia said...

Oh that is so cute Carol :) Not long to go and it will be done :)

Beautiful!

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, I love your mermaids Carol, they're so sweet :)

Hope you'll get that new office soon. Please enjoy the heat for me! We could do with that here. It was 50° at the warmest yesterday, and today should be no better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

I LOVE those mermaids! They are looking fantastic. Cant wait to see them finished.

mainely stitching said...

This is such a sweet project - it's really coming along quickly! I do hope you'll get your office situation straightened out quickly.

Send a packet of heat/sun over here to western Europe anytime! ;-)

Annemarie said...

Rub it in, why don't you... We're wearing thick wooly sweaters over here!
Your Mermaids are gorgeous!

Svenja said...

The mermaids are beautiful. Can'T wait to see the finished piece.
Oh, and I would like to have some of your heat as well, please!

Karen's Blog said...

I love this mermaid Carol. Not far to go now:) I'm with you regarding teh hot weather:)

Lillie said...

This is indeed adorable.

Anonymous said...

Mermaid Heaven is looking fantastic. I'm afraid I'm not enjoying this humid heat, though. Glad you are! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Carol. I hope the office gets fixed for you soon.

Susimac said...

Its coming along wonderfully, not long til its finished.