Friday, May 05, 2006

Celebrations, Day One

Looky who I found sitting in the front lobby of the hotel when I arrived at Celebrations this morn-ing...Jenn :-) She graciously ignored that my camera came out and had no concerns about a quick snapshot - thanks Jenn, I love people who are not camera shy! Anyhow, she was working on her Sitting Pretty. What you cannot see in her blog pics is how wonderfully sparkly her fabric is - sooo nice!! It was fun seeing Jenn, and I will get to hang out with her tomorrow too!

And, another gracious non-camera shy person today was Betsy Stinner, designer of Earth Threads. I took her Eliza Pinckney Sampler class this afternoon. I was trying not to be too terribly disruptive, and ooops - sorry the pic is a bit out of focus! Anyhow, here is the darling Betsy Stinner for you! Unfortunately, I totally forget to snap a pic of Margaret, who sat with me... maybe tomorrow :-) In all, a fun day! The shopping was pretty decent. I got a neat Quaker sampler chart - will find a pic of it somewhere to share!!

Tonight I found some time to put a few more stitches into Medieval Town Mandala :-) But, off to bed a little earlier tonight. I have to be in Nashua, NH again tomorrow at 8 AM (I think I am insane) for Jeannette Douglas's class, Crystal Winter.

Stitched on today: Preface piece to Eliza Pinckney Sampler and Medieval Town Mandala

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Have a good day with JD today :)

Kitty Couture said...

Sounds like such fun! Enjoy your time today :) I know how much you love Jeanette Douglas's work! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like your weekend is going to be loads of fun. Can't wait to see more pics from your days at Celebrations.

Rachael said...

I want to come too:-) . Truly sounds like a fantastic wekend. Can't wait to see what you finish from the workshop.

Chiara said...

Hi Carol!!! It must be very fun!!! have a good week end!!!

mainely stitching said...

Glad to hear you're having fun!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope you had fun in Jeanette's Class, she's such a sweetie!!!

Casa Pearl said...

Carol, my friend Nancy Boyarsky took that class too! I love Betsy Stinner's classes - you always learn so much. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.