Friday, May 26, 2006

MTM Part 8 is finished.... and a new start too

I am breathing a sigh of relief tonight, as Part 8 of MTM is finally finished! This part seemed to have quite a lot of backstitching to it, as compared to the village sections of parts 6 and 7.... I made it through, though, with enough days left in the month to maybe get a chance to stitch on some neglected projects that I do miss a lot! Here is MTM in its full view now...

I had some time to fill earlier today while my Jeep was being serviced. I didn't feel like pulling MTM out yet (just setting that project up for stitching each day has been tiresome), so I started Women of the Mayflower. I am now doing this is a SAL with Sue. I decided that I did really want to use a 36 ct fabric for this sampler, so I put the Relic belfast aside. I dug around in my fabric drawers and found this 36 ct Silkweaver Solo, which is not scanned very accurately here. It is a nice antiquey looking sand color with a fair amount of mottling. I really loved starting this project. The floss colors are lighter and more muted than they appear on the cover of Fine Lines, but we all know that such variations are to be expected with hand dyed floss. I had to chuckle though - I happened to glance down at the chart and recognized what looked like the name "Standish" on it... that name was in my family for a while until a divorce took it out... so I thought, that looks like my cousin's former name... only to realize from the cover model that it is "Standish," while the chart reads "Standis" - there is simply a space where the "h" should go - easy enough to fix though. And, after posting the link for the chart yesterday, I was thrilled to hear that Barbara ordered up a copy too - maybe we can talk her into joining us :-)

Several of you have asked about the new office search. The office building that appeals to me is still a possibility, but no real news on that front yet. We are awaiting a call back from them as they are working on getting such things as a plumbing permit, or the like. Mike is dealing with this. So, no, it didn't fall through, there just isn't anything to say about it...

Stitched on today: Women of the Mayflower and Medieval Town Mandala (Part 8 finished!)

15 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats on finishing part 8 on MTM. It is looking really good. I like your new start as well. I am very tempted to buy the chart.

Kitty Couture said...

Wow Carol, MTM looks fantastic!!

And I love your new start - lovely pastel shades and that little lady is too cute! :)

Keeping your fingers crossed for the office :)

Kitty Couture said...

Er, I meant keeping my fingers crossed, Carol! ;D

Unknown said...

Carol, all I can say to MTM is WOW
I like the new start too.
I'll be commenting on the rest of of your blog later, but I just had to say well done on finishing this next part.

Karen's Blog said...

I'm with everyone else Carol...WOW. MTM is just stunning!!!

mainely stitching said...

The full-view of MTM just made me gasp. My goodness, that's an incredible project. Thanks for 'the full picture.'

I'm excited about receiving my TS order with Women of the Mayflower, especially after seeing your start!

Annemarie said...

Yowza. MTM left me breathless this time. I've just realised that this project is absolutely HUGE!

Nicole said...

Carol your MTM is amazing! That definitely takes patience and dedication to do all the work you've done. I don't think I could do it!

I have the magazine and threads for Women of the Mayflower maybe I should SAL with you too! :)

Lelia said...

WOOT! Part 8 finished ... MTM looks great. Women of the Mayflower is an interesting piece. Should be fun to work on.

Judith said...

MTM looks just great Carol and yes you are right the portion of backstitch was a lot bigger this part.

Katrina said...

Oh Carol, that looks fabulous, you will be so pleased to have another part done :) enjoy the rest of your weekend

LivnLaf said...

MTM is awesome!
My sister started her Women of the Mayflower today...How cool is that?! And I see we have others showing some interest..how cool is that too!? Will start mine tonight as well...but I have to work tomorrow and riding on Monday...will post a pic soon.

Von said...

Great rejoicing over finishing part 8!! It's truly amazing, of course, Carol!
Hope your office situation is ironed out soon.
Enjoy the weekend!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on perservering through all that backstitching. You have done a wonderful job.

You new start looks like it will be a fun one to stitch.

Lana said...

Hi carol! Nice job on mtm! and Women of the Mayflower is neat...i tried to click on the picture of it on you rsidebar, and a picture of girl with cat came up instead, just thught you would like to know!
It is beautiful!
~Lana~