Saturday, May 27, 2006

Emerald Jeweled Garden is finished

I found out earlier today that my SAL mate for the LTD Jeweled Gardens finished hers sometime last week... so I figured, why wait now until Monday to finish mine? I loved working on this garden, and was thrilled to see there was a green light to go sit down and finish it while watching Curt Schilling get his 200th win (Red Sox). So, here it is.... pretty, isn't it? Now this chart will go off to KarenV, and she is sending me her Sapphire Jeweled Garden chart in exchange :-) I will send her plenty of the Colorwash Silk and Glissen Gloss filament for her to stitch this... she will only need to order the beads and crystals from Liz... I am looking forward to doing another one or two of these too... Ruby Jeweled Garden was recently released, so that is a "must stitch," as ruby is my birthstone. I was thinking that maybe I can get the supplies for this, and maybe the embellishments for Sapphire Jeweled Garden, when I go to CATS in September. Liz will be teaching there and, I believe, will also have a vendor booth at the show... I hope so!

After I finished EJG, I had planned to pick up one of my big projects, but I was so enjoying stitching up in the library by the open windows with the kitties that I did not feel like going downstairs to fetch a big project. Instead, I picked up Women of the Mayflower again. It was still out and seemed to be calling to me to pick it back up! I took a picture in the morning (Sunday) in the daylight to try to get the best possible picture of the linen and floss colors. This is the best I got - please excuse the shadow from my pot of morning glory seedlings in the upper right corner of the shot, though. This sampler is a blast to work on! I will have a hard time putting it down when I have to! I am so excited that Sue and her sister have just started this now, and with luck, maybe Barbara will join us soon too!

What a great night for stitching in this amazing weather. Mike went down to Massachusetts to hang out with a pal, with whom he likes to shoot pool, for the evening - it was wonderful having the house to myself and to get all of this done. My camera batteries were dead, though - so this will be a late posting LOL!

Stitched on today: Emerald Jeweled Garden and Women of the Mayflower

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Emerald Garden is stunning. I can't wait to see the Sapphire & Ruby Garden pics in the future!! :-)

You are seriously kicking butt with your progress on WotM! I do hope to start that one as soon as it arrives, though my intentions and my actions don't always mesh. :-(

Katrina said...

thats another lovely finish Carol, well done :)

Nia said...

ooh Emerald Jewelled Garden is gorgeous - I haven't acutally seen those before - I have some of LTD's other gardens, but these are gorgeous and I will just have to hunt them down.....

Congrats on a wonderful finish!

cathymk said...

Congratulations Carol!! Looks beautiful. May have to have a closer look at LTD in the future - thanks for the enabling!!

Mel in Dubai said...

Oh, Carol, the Emerald Jewelled Garden is wonderful!! Congratulations on the finish :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What a finish! It's beautiful! Between you and KarenV, I'm thinking of taking a closer look at these charts. :)

Unknown said...

WOW Carol, your finish is stunning. I can't wait to see what kind of frame you choose for this one.

Your Mayflower one is looking amazing too, you stitch so fast ;)