Monday, May 15, 2006

Flooding

What a day - and tomorrow promises to be pretty much the same, as I see the schools are closed again... that doesn't bode well for clients coming in for treatment. But... now on to the stitching update first! Here is a whole bunch more on Emerald Jeweled Garden. I have quite a bit of backstitching to do on this part that I have now stitched, and then I get to do some kind of wrapped stitch between those green outlines near the top... should be interesting next Monday LOL!!

Day 4 of the deluge of rain continues.... here is some radar of the area directly from Channel 7, WHDH's website (out of Boston). No sign of it stopping any time soon! I would not wish this on anyone. My office building was empty today, although I did not find the roads in Lawrence, Massachusetts to be difficult at all. However... my landlord of my Haverhill, Massachusetts office called to let me know that my old leak in my ceiling is back with a vengeance. Part of my ceiling again caved in on top of my sofa and the office is soaking wet. He is dealing with it, but I have to wonder right now how bad it is! It might be time to get a new office in Haverhill - this one is killing my furniture! (you can actually see Lawrence written on the map here... that is where I worked today - I live about 35 miles north of that in New Hampshire...wet, wet, wet! It looks like it is going to stop, but there is much more to the south that is coming in....)

Yikes! New on the WHDH website is this picture of Haverhill, Massachusetts - right near my office that took the hard hit to the ceiling by the rain over the weekend - looks pretty flooded to me! My brother and his kids live there - poor things! I think it will take days and days to dry all of this out!

Stitched on today: Quaker Garden and Emerald Jeweled Garden

13 comments:

mainely stitching said...

The weather is just bizarre! Droughts in the UK, deluges in New England ....

Take care!

Lillie said...

OMG! this is a terrible thing to have happened. Take care

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Oh my goodness, that looks very,very wet. I am so sorry to hear about your office. Hope things dry out soon.

Dianne said...

We've had some wet and wild weather, but nothing like this! Wow, I hope it ends soon and you get everything dried out.

lobea2004 said...

oh, Carol! I hope it ends soon and everyone is fine.
I've not been posting here for some days because I don't spend much time online during these weeks but I saw all your most recent pictures. Thanks for sharing. Kisses from Florence

Kitty Couture said...

Oh my! Those floods are terrible!! I do hope they end soon and nothing too bad happens :(

You Emerald garden is gorgeous. Love it! :)

lena-lou said...

What terrible weather no wonder your office is having problems seen as that is not the usual rain!! Hope is is not going to head to UK when it leaves you which I hope it does soon and you can get dried out. Your weather scan image is good and interesting to view. Su's RR you have done looks lovely as does your Emerald garden :-)

Lana said...

I am so sorry to hear of all the rain you are getting. I feel guilty, as we are having beautiful sunny weather here in Texas. Hang in there.
~Lana~

natty68 said...

Please send that rain over here in the UK - The drought here in Kent is the worse we have had since a century ago, we are now under threat in the of not being able to wash windows, fill up ponds/swimming pools, wash cars etc.. In fact non essential use of water is under a ban..

Take care though, that is a terrible thing..those floods look scary.

*Hugs*

Karoline said...

The weather looks horrible, hope your office drys out quickly. Emerald Garden looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That is not good weather. Stay safe Carol and take care.

Nice progress on the garden - I did the wrapping stitches on the pool yesterday and it was...OK...I think. I'm assuming that she designed them in the same way?

Judith said...

Stay safe Carol. Your LTD garden looks great.

Karen's Blog said...

What amzing weather. We are on water restrictions here, suffering the worse drought in decades and you are having floods. I am so sorry to hear about your office. Be careful driving in there. On a happy note, your LTD is stunning:)