Sunday, May 14, 2006

Su's Neighborhood RR (almost) finished

I am really quite glad that I put MTM aside and worked on Su's Neighborhood RR instead. With all of the heavy rain that we continued to get today, there was little else to do but work on it :-) Not even any baseball - the Red Sox had to postpone the last two games due to this heavy rain... So... I finished my block for her - almost! I need to check in with her to see how she wants the block signed. Her RR questionnaire states she wants signatures in the outer border, but as the first to stitch on hers I have no example to follow - I need to ask her if she wants full names, where we live, date... have to wait until she lets me know. Then, watch out Annemarie! I will have Mike post this off to you this week! I really love the colors in the block. I was disappointed, though, by the lack of contrast between the 3362 used for almost all of the green in the garden, and the wee bits of 3363 for the carrot leaves, beet leaves, greens of the cauliflowers and rind of the watermelon... they pop out more in the cover model on the leaflet than they do in real life... so sorry about that Su!

Q. When you stitch from a kit and use the supplied floss do you have leftovers? If so, how much and what do you do with them? If not, do you usually have just enough or do you have to dig into your stash to finish?

A. I am not at all sure if I have yet finished a kit... I don't stitch many of them. I have Bag Ladies as a UFO, but I think it is doing fine with floss... so, I think I pretty much have to pass on this question...However, now that I think of it, I have stitched several Shepherd's Bush kits and have had a lot of leftover silks each time...


Well, not much else to say - glad the sump pump is working here, as our basement remains dry... but there is quite a bit of flooding out there in my poor garden and along my walkway! No real break from this until Tuesday, when we will at least reach about 80F.... until then, get out the umbrellas, I guess!

Stitched on today: Su's Neighborhood RR (combo of Good Huswifes in Summer, in Summer Samplers, and of Birdhouse Sampler in Garden Samplers.... both by Prairie Schooler).

7 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Your stitching on Su's RR is lovely, Carol! Love that little bunny :)

Karen's Blog said...

Su's RR is just beautiful Carol. Your stitching is so neat. You must be really hapy with this.

Susimac said...

Ooooh I love it Carol, its gorgeous, I have emailed you.
Hugs Su

Carol said...

I love stitching on that RR. You're such a neat stitcher

Judith said...

Nice stitching on the RR Carol. Did you see my finished MTM part 8? I saw NH on the news this morning that there is so much rain and floading everywhere. Hope you will stay ok Because when it is here in the netherlands on the news it is really getting a major thing.

cathymk said...

Your work on the RR is wonderful Carol, Congratulations!

Lelia said...

Excellent job on Su's RR. The rabbit is totally cute.

Take care during all the rain/flooding.

Stitch well : )