Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Garden Spot Sampler Update

Here is this week's installment of the Garden Spot Sampler SAL... I was wondering tonight how long Jo and I have been working on this sampler. So, I did a search of my blog tonight and found out we started way back on September 20, 2005. We have been stitching weekly on this huge sampler... so Jo, we really must be getting close now!

The rain finally began to abate today, but not without the major rivers, primarily the Merrimack River, totally overflowing its banks first.... Lawrence, MA is virtually shut down, so that made for a terribly unproductive day. Now, as a result, I am home tomorrow. I am due to be in Haverhill, but you may recall that that office took a huge hit mid-way through this rain event and my drop ceiling did not hold a huge leak well, and has crashed down on my sofa and probably my stereo there too... Argh. Now that it is drier outside, I hope my landlord can get this cleaned up. I might go down and check this out with Mike tomorrow. How frustrating...

Stitched on today: Garden Spot Sampler

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I hope that your office isn't as badly damaged as you fear. Good luck! And your GS sampler is, as always, lovely.

Kitty Couture said...

I'm sorry about the damages, Carol. I hope they won't be too serious - anyway, I do hope this'll be covered by your insurance! :( Must be very annoying to be sitting home and not be able to know how your office went through those rains :(

Your sampler is gorgeous! Yep, I do think you are close to the end now. Kudos to you and Jo for stitching on it so consistently. The result will be stunning!

Oh! And I had a notice for a package in my mailbox... I'll go to the PO during my lunch break. Maybe it's your package? :)

lobea2004 said...

oh, Carol, I'm sorry for your damages. I hope you can solve the problems soon.

Your sampler is turning out lovely. I really like that fabric.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, GS is looking spectacular! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can all see the finished piece!