Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's baaaack! Medieval Town Mandala!

(I am frustrated again tonight that Blogger just won't upload any photos for me... I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but it is wearing me out - LOL!)...Anyhow... Medieval Town Mandala is back!! Tonight I stitched the first of the four corners we have to stitch this month. I didn't do the beading though. I made a commitment last October to do the beading last, so I am going to stick with that. My left hand is bothering me now... I would prefer to stitch these corners in-hand, but the issue of the white belfast remains... I really don't want to get this dirty, or at least as little as possible. So, I am using the big Q-Snap and struggling with it. I like these corners, they are really colorful! Good job, Martina! I was thinking, though... I wonder if Martina would consider "coding" her charts before we sign up for online classes.... what I mean is, when there is one like this that features five straight months of very heavy stitching (February through June), maybe she could alert us ahead of time? No, I doubt it. It was just a thought! Her desire is to sell charts, not to scare us off! LOL!

Here is my latest update of Bordeaux Mystery Sampler for Anne. I had some time at work today to stitch on this for a bit, and now we are both finished with Part 1 :-) I looked at Part 2 today and almost fell off my chair when I saw that we get to do a great many little grapes, all over one, all about 10-12 stitches per grape... gulp... I am stitcing on 40 ct!! I already did some of these on each side of the verse in Part 1, but that was nothing compared to what is ahead in Part 2... (knocking knees)...
*******************************************************************


Here is the super cute "anti-frogging" device that Jo made me for my birthday...

And, here is the cute back... I love this fob! She also gave me the pretty purple scissors!

Annemarie sent me a Dutch magazine that features the latest Jan Houtman sampler chart! Amazing! And, she also sent me a stunning fat quarter of a German 30 ct linen that I think is called Medium Examplar - oh, gorgeous! Plus a pretty skein of Needle Necessities too!

Heather sent me the latest issue of Cross Stitch Quick & Easy, a sheet of cute cat stickers for my correspondence... and a beautiful box of chocolate fruit cremes that are now in Mike's snack closet (I don't eat sugar, but he loves when my friends send European chocolate!! LOL).

Michelle sent me the Hand-Dyed Fibers silk pack for Old Aviary Sampler! We are going to be stitching this together sometime soon - wow!! And, in the same photo is the front of a super cute ornament/fob from Bine featuring some lovely Elizabeth's Designs motifs...

...and, here is the back (along with the silks from Michelle again...).... cute, isn't it??

And... Anne sent me a Silkweaver gift certificate, part of which I used to get a fat quarter of their new French Vanilla Swirl on 40 ct..... that new color looks wonderful, great sampler color!

Thank you, my dear friends, you have made my birthday wonderful - I am speechless, I could thank you all forever!

Stitched on today: Bordeaux Mystery Sampler and Medieval Town Mandala

15 comments:

Deb Heller said...

Lovely photos! First time I've checked out your website. Very nice!

Sometimes I have trouble with blogger when the photo size is too large - and then sometimes blogger is just plain too slow and my browser thinks that it has timed out.

Quite frustrating.

I've avoided it by saving my photos into a less dense format.

Your milage may vary. Good Luck!

Christine said...

Waouh !
Al that beautiful stuff arrived for you ! That's great !
Your mandala corner has good colors (I love blue).
You know that i have all the fabric+silk+beads...+ chart at home, ready for stitching that mandala. You made me dreaming...

Anonymous said...

What fabulous birthday gifts and MTM is looking great.

I'm stitching Celtic Banner in a scroll frame and I'm having the same problem with my left hand, I have to take frequent breaks or it just gets too sore :o(

Kitty Couture said...

Wow, MTM is going to look great with those corners! Love it!

You got such lovely gifts - enjoy them! :)

Missy said...

I had the same frustrating problem today with blogger. Arrrgghh!

Great progress on MTM and Bordeaux Sampler.

Love the pictures of all of the presents, so fantastic!

:)

Anonymous said...

Blogger has not ben friendly to me either. Thanks for sharing all your photos of your stitching and the gifts from your friends. All are lovely.

Michelle said...

Carol, your MTM is looking beautiful! I am glad that we get a little bit of the buildings in that pic - it was cool to be able to see the detail on them. Blogger is killing me too with the no photo thing...I've even tried Photobucket and it still won't load. Ughh. Happy Birthday! Glad you like the silks - you deserve them! You have been such a sweetheart to me in my new blogging world!

catandturtle said...

We need to get one of those anti-frogger things over to Sue. :) Ann.

Juanita said...

Happy birthday, Carol. Sorry I'm a bit late. Sounds like it was a good one, though. :)

MTM is coming along so nicely. I need to stop visiting your blog... there's too much temptation here! LOL

Vash said...

Love the new look, Carol

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

BLogger has been a pain lately!

Those corners on MTM are gorgeous! I love the colors in those flowers. Your Bordeaus Sampler is looking wonderful too. Mine keeps tempting me, but I need to finish something else first:)

Sharon said...

You are blessed with generous and loving friends. MTM is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, your stitching looks incredible, as always. I'm so glad that you were well spoiled for your birthday. You deserve it! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What great friends to send you such great pressies!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your gifts arrived Carol. I realised after I sent the parcel that you didn't eat chocolates and hoped you'd find a good home for them, looks like Mike does ok from your Birthday too LOL