Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mystery IX Part 8 Done

OK, it took me a while... all that filling with Winter Brook in the background of the triangle took a long time, but I managed to finish Part 8. Now maybe I can get some beading done on MTM tomorrow?? Thank you, everyone, for your inpsiration and giving me the motivation to keep plugging along at these huge Chatelaine pieces... you help me a lot and I appreciate you!
Daylily: Cat Dancer

There were a few people who commented on the morning glory photo I posted a couple of days ago - I have to grow them intentionally here every year in pots. They are not winter hardy at all in New Hampshire. So, every spring I run to WalMart, buy a packet of seeds, nick each hard covered seed and soak them for a couple of days before starting them inside for a few weeks. This year, I put them out too early, and the bear who was visiting us for a little while in the spring ate the first batch. I found the pot toppled over on the porch. Too bad, those were mixed colored ones. When I went to get more seeds, they only had Heavenly Blue left. (I know, Heavenly Blue is pretty - but I pretty much end up with them every year - LOL). I laughed that they are like weeds to some of you - I wish I were that lucky, I just adore morning glories.

Stitched on today: Mystery IX

13 comments:

CindyMae said...

What an awesome job you have done. It looks beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

you inspired me again spent 3 hours doing my sampler I am now crossed eyed and my finger hurts....way to go.
you really should open your own shop and teach cross stitch.
margaret

Rachael said...

Fantastic- it is so wonderful watching this Chatelaine grow. I haven't even started this ,but if anone could inspire me to get on with it -ti's you. You stich sooo beautifully.

Mel in Dubai said...

Congratulations, Carol! It is looking lovely :)

Svenja said...

Mystery IX looks great! I'm already curious what the next part will look like. :)

Kiwi Jo said...

congratulations Carol! You are a very dedicated stitcher and morning glory grower!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Carol, MIX is looking stunning

Anonymous said...

Mystery IX looks great. I love the colors. Glad you'll start beading MTM, I miss seeing MTM, so I hope you'll keep posting pics as you bead it.

Bine said...

Congratulations Carol. MTM IX looks fantastic. You always work so disciplined on your monthly Chatelaine pieces.....

Mary said...

Mystery 8 Part 8 looks great. I can't wait to see Part 9 as you work on it.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on finishing M9 for this month:) If only I were that on top of it! I love all the stash you have gotten in the last few days too! Have fun with your beading!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I knew you'd finish it this weekend. Great job!

And about the morning glories, if you ever want me to harvest some seeds for you to store, let me know. It only takes about a week or so before they start going full blast again in front of my porch. I could let some go to seed, if you like. I had white and blue last time. I didn't rip the blue out yet, so I definitely have some of those. They are different from yours, though. They are blue with purple-pink stripes. Let me know. :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! You have done just such a fantastic job with keeping up with both of these. Congrats - they both look beautiful!