Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weekly Paradigm Lost Update

It's time again for the weekly update of Paradigm Lost, the SAL I am doing with Jo on Tuesdays. I am now working on Page 2 of the chart and have started another big motif :-)
I received some lovely belated birthday gifts from Anne a couple of days ago. She is so sweet, but I think she may have forgotten that she had sent me a Silkweaver gift certificate!! Now a second gift?? Oh my gosh! She sent me Vineyard Sampler by Periwinkle Promises. I love this. I have never owned a Periwinkle Promises design, but do love them! She also included a cute magnetic kitty memo pad for the refrigerator and a sweet little oriental change purse too - and look at that card - LOL! Anne, you are such a good friend, thank you!!

Get well Big Papi!!! I have to add this, as I am very concerned. David Ortiz, aka Big Papi, of the Boston Red Sox flew back to Boston and was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital today with an irregular heartbeat. He was also seen at MGH during the dreaded Yankees series a week or so ago. All is not well, this is clear! And, we can ill afford him with: Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Alex Gonzalez, Lenny DiNardo, Matt Clement, Doug Mirabelli, Manny Ramirez, Jon Lester, and Wily Mo Pena all hurt... plus Mark Loretta, Kevin Youkilis, Mike Lowell are playing but hurting and needing time off.... the walking wounded, MASH unit... it is unfathomable how many players are hurt right now. That leaves nobody but minor league players who are not really ready for the Big League to come in and play for us... and lose, as the stats show. Get Well Red Sox is even more appropriate to say!
Daylily: Frans Hals (this one is actually still blooming here)

***Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and kind words about my record review - I appreciate all of you! It was a huge stressor in my life, and you all helped!

Stitched on today: Paradign Lost

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

review sounds good. went and got some file folders.. you are soo clever .thinking now all my projects are nice and organized. margaret

Kendra said...

Not that it'll help with the playing, but an irregular heartbeat is a treatable thing. Since they know about it, he can get on medications and monitoring and most likley continue playing.
My DH was dx'ed with an irregular heartbeat 6 years ago and once they figured out his drug regimen, he has no physical limitations (other than the ones he puts on himself...LOL)

Anne S said...

Nope 'twas no error at all ... I felt bad that your parcel wouldn't arrive in time, and the GC was a quick add-on to make up for it. In fact I really stuffed up ... you may remember I bought the chart from Ashleigh's Ebay selling spree, and I hadn't meant to include it in my stash piccies, but I accidentally included it in a blonde moment ... I hadn't even "clicked" about it, just did it on autopilot, and only realised when you left a comment saying you really liked that one - I totally flipped out! But at least I knew you liked it hahaha :) Glad you liked your parcel ... the little purse was from Hong Kong (I got one for me and a couple of other lovely pals too). I have to admit I've been forgetting loads of things lately, but buying you two prezzies wasn't one of them LOL ;P {{hugs}}

Ooh, nearly forgot to say - a HUGE congrats on getting such a good review ... you can definitely breathe easily again now - way to go! :D

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOO, I love those lilies, they are gorgeous.

PL is looking great. Both the SAL's you're doing are making me want to add them to my stash because they are sooooo pretty. But I can't, DO NOT enable me Carol.

lobea2004 said...

Dear Carol,
I'm trying to catch up with posts and reading blogs. I saw your new project, your finish and your flowers. They're all lovely, but the flowers are especially beautiful!

Stitch Wizard said...

Thank you Carol for your kind words on my blog. Things are going better now and I am just thankful no one got hurt any worse. I think I am just bruised a bit and am going to try to stitch today. I miss it the most! Debby

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, you are almost done with the alphabet. It is looking absolutely gorgeous!

And what a thoughtful gift from Anne. I haven't heard of that designer, but the one she sent is beautiful!

Sasha Farina said...

PL is coming along great! WTg Carol..

Mary said...

Glad your review went well. I am definitely keeping Big Papi in my prayers. It's good they found it now so they can get it undercontrol. That was very nice of Anne to send you a second present.
Keep up the great work with SAL's.

Nicole said...

I love how your Paradigm Lost is coming along! I think this is another one I'm going to have to get! :)

Von said...

Carol, I think I could almost reach out and pick that daylily off my screen! It just pops off the flowers in the background. :D