Thursday, January 24, 2008

Christmas in January


It will still be Christmas for quite a few months, actually, as I continue to plug along on A Quaker Christmas, as I did for a little while again tonight. Boy, Edgar sure is right - the rhythmic up and down of the needle is so soothing, isn't it? I especially find that to be true with Quaker samplers...

I am sort of struggling along a bit today. Yesterday I had the Tdap vaccination (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) and now my right arm is soooo sore and it radiates down to my wrist and up towards my jaw - not severe, but a bit persistent. I know this is totally normal, but also quite annoying, especially when trying to stitch.

I had really been hoping to be able to show some of my recent finishes by now. My January finishes file is rather large, but most of them are in the hands of the postal service (one goes out tomorrow), and I just have nothing still to show... oh well, soon, I am sure :-)

Stitched on today: Finished Crazy Exchange Valentine's Day Exchange, and A Quaker Christmas

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quaker Samplers have a little something else about them don't they?

Carol R said...

Quaker Christmas is looking stunning! Glad to hear you are feeling better after the headache and hope your arm recovers from the shot soon.

Anonymous said...

Quaker Christmas looks great. That design looks terrific on the fabric you've chosen.

Karen's Blog said...

QC is looking great Carol. I am so glad you are feeling better:)

mainely stitching said...

Hope that arm feels better fast, Carol!!

Karoline said...

Quaker Christmas is looking lovely, nice progress. I hope your arm feels better today

Jenn said...

I love the fabric you are stitching this on. Very Pretty.
I hope your packages arrive at their destinations soon. I hate having to wait while something is in the mail.

Sally said...

Qusker Christmas is beautiful Carol.

Hope your arm is better soon.

Edgar said...

Carol, Your QC is looking super!! I also worked on QC last night, I am really liking it!!!!

Michelle said...

I so love this piece. Can't wait to see some of your finishes!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I'm way behind in talent.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Your Quaker Christmas is gorgeous!!! I started from the other side so look forward to these motifs you have done already :)

Tanya