Friday, January 25, 2008

PIF for Robin

I heard from Robin today that she received the PIF that I finally stitched for her :-) She has been on my list for some time now, so I am happy she now has her gift. I really had no idea what to stitch for Robin. Her blog didn't shed a lot of clues. But, finally, on a super cold winter day, while watching both the AFC and NFC Playoff games (aka last Sunday), I settled on stitching this little fob, and I am glad that Robin is pleased!

Winter Fob

Trail Creek Farm

Chart available here

32 ct Cream Belfast Linen, GAST Floss


Tonight I really wanted to settle in and watch Garth Brooks' mini concert on TV... so I stuck with something small and easy. I want to stitch at least one Christmas ornament a month this year, so here is my start - Amish Angel by Told in a Garden. This freebie just kept on surfacing up to the top of my pile of freebie charts, and I decided it was time to stitch it. I hope to finish it into an ornament tomorrow.

Stitched on today: Started Amish Angel ornament **Mailed out CE Valentine's Day Exchange, and sent Secret Snowdrift chart to Melissa

21 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nice work! I'm sure Robin will love it.

I don't know about you, but I was VERY disappointed in the Garth Brooks broadcast. Not really in him, but in the amount of commercials they played. It was 1 or 2 songs and what seemed like a dozen commercials. I thought it was pretty annoying, which was sad because I was really looking forward to seeing him perform.

Karen's Blog said...

I love Garth Brooks. I wish tehy had broadcast it here. Oh well. I love the little ornament Craol.

Carol R said...

The winter fob you stitched for Robin is adorable and love the Amish angel too! I have no idea who Garth Brooks is but I will make sure I find out :-)

Myrna said...

everything looks lovely... Lucky Robin!

Hugs and stitches...

Anonymous said...

The Winter Fob looks great! Nice work! And the TIAG Angel is very cute!

JariJari said...

nice winter fob for Robin!

Jenn said...

Very cute Carol!

Sally said...

Beautiful fob, Carol, and I lvoe your ornament start.

Michelle said...

I love the ornament you're stitching. Can you direct me to the freebie, if it's still available? Eric taped the Garth Brooks thing, so I'm sure we'll be watching it when he gets home. Love that winter fob - so cute!

Dawn T. said...

The fob is wonderful! The Angel looks great too:)

Karoline said...

Both the fob and the ornie are lovely Carol

Kathy A. said...

Your scissors fob is just the cutest and that little angel is adorable. Will have to check out that freebie.

Robin said...

Carol,
I AM so lucky! Thank you again for such a lovely gift. I am sorry that my blog is "clueless" :) but if you knew me in person it truly fits! lol.
Thanks so much-you made my day!

Becky K in OK said...

Love the fob and angel. An hour of Garth, which really amounted to about 30 minutes of performing isn't near enough!

Kalu V said...

what a cute angel

mainely stitching said...

What a cute angel!

Beatrice said...

What a pretty little fob you made.The Angel is very nice as well. I look forward to seeing the ornament!

stitcherw said...

Cute fob, and what a lovely little angel. Your Quaker Christmas is coming along wonderfully as well. I haven't done one of these yet, but seeing the lovely ones you've been doing has made me start thinking about which one I'd like to have a go at. Although mine would probably be much smaller to start, like the Quaker Cat or Mouse that they came out with a while back.
Sue

Lennu said...

A cute fob, as always, Carol! Your fobs are so pretty and you really stitch them quickly :)

My brother used to listen to Garth Brooks a lot when we were young :) I had completely forgotten his music so I'm glad you posted about him!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Your work is all so beautiful. I was wondering if you direct me to the angel freebie...totally my style.

Deb said...

What a sweet little angel ornie, Carol! Love and hugs, Deb