Monday, January 28, 2008

Exchange Sent/PIF Received

It was a good mail day today. First, I received an anticipated email from Ina (no blog) when I got to work this morning. Ina received the HoE Scissor Fob Exchange that I sent off to her a while ago. It took a slow plane to The Netherlands, but it is safe and sound with her now. Thanks for letting me know, Ina!


Garden Alphabet "I" Fob

Prairie Schooler

32 ct Natural Belfast Linen, DMC Floss

I remembered to take a photo of the entire exchange before it left here... along with the fob, I sent Ina a pair of Mundial gold lion's tail scissors, a half yard of fabric, a small HIH chart, and a Mill Hill bead kit (I saw in her profile on Crazy Exchange that she likes autumn themes). I am glad you said you liked the exchange, Ina. I had great fun putting it together. Enjoy!!

I got mail today too :-) I received this lovely PIF from Joanne. She sent me a pinkeep using a By the Bay Needleart chart that I have long loved, and it is so nicely put together. And.. wow, Joanne! She also sent fabric with the names of flowers on it (she must know I love gardening) and two skeins of yummy Milady's Teal floss by Crescent Colours. I feel very spoiled! I see your name is coming up soon on my PIF list too, Joanne :-) I hope I can send you a package you will enjoy as much as I am enjoying this one. Thank you so much!!

I was so happy to learn that I am not the only one who is disappointed with the novel, Atonement. I saw clips of the movie on You Tube today, and they do look more appealing than is the novel (how rare is that?). I do like most of the characters, but I just cannot get into overly dramatic little Briony. She is more personality disordered than cute - LOL. Oh well. I will probably watch the movie on cable someday, and I will finish the novel. I never leave a novel unfinished.

I am blogging early. I feel cold today, although it is 40F. I am going to relax, do my treadmill... all the usual stuff... then see if I can get more done on my new Crazy Exchange project...

Stitched on today: Stitched on Crazy Exchange project

26 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Great exchange that you received! I'm stitching a Quaker Hornbook in Milady's Teal right now and you're right, it is very yummy!

Karin said...

Great Exchange, and a lovely PIF! I really like both of them.

Cathy B said...

I chuckled when reading the tail end of your post -- it was 40 degrees here in MN today, but we thought we were having a heat wave! I guess it just depends on one's perspective. LOL

Lovely gifts both sent and received!

Becky K in OK said...

Love the fob you did. Your's are always such fantastic gifts.

Jen said...

Beautiful work. I am the same way about reading. Even if I don't like the book, I have to finish it.

Cathy B said...

hey Carol - did you get my email?

Myrna said...

Lovely items, Carol. You surely do know how to send a great exchange, and how nice for you to recive a surprise in the mail also!

It got to 40* here also, but, here I sit all bundled up! I can't seem to stay warm... it must be the damp and wind. Seems colder than when it was 4* last week!

Hugs & Stitches...

Mindi said...

I love the pinkeep you received as a PIF! I'll need to figure out what chart it is.

The fob you sent out is gorgeous, as usual.

staci said...

Fantastic fob exchange Carol! And you've received a great pinkeep...I have that pattern somewhere...

Von said...

I haven't read Atonement, but liken your feelings for it, to mine for Wuthering Heights. My views on it are so contrary to most, but I don't find obsession like that to be romantic. Guess it's my practical nature. In fact, when my oldest dd was a young teen I wouldn't allow her to read it until she was older. :D

Unknown said...

What a lovely exchange and a pretty PIF gift you got too. :)

mainely stitching said...

Sometimes the mails do go a bit wonky, don't they? Glad it arrived - it's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Yet another beautiful fob, my friend :) And that PIF from Joanne is beautiful. Visual candy as always :D

Jenn said...

I love the pin keep that you got and what perfect fabric she sent you. I know you'll find something to do with it. :)

You always find such perfect patterns for fob's I don't know how you do it.

Neila said...

I haven't read Atonement yet but I have seen the movie and it it, without a doubt, one of my favorite movies.

Karoline said...

Great exchange and PIF, congratulations

Beatrice said...

Lovely exchange. Your fob is so pretty. The pinkeep is sweet.

Hazel said...

Great exchanges Carol. I like your little Angel freebie too. xx

Anonymous said...

What a cute fob! And the exchange package you received looks terrific - I'm sure you'll have great fun with it. :)

Sorry about the novel - hopefully it will get better. :)

Stitch Wizard said...

The fob that you sent out is so pretty!! I love all the things you got in the mail as well. I am behind on blogging as usual but not to be forgotten. 40 degree weather is what we had one week and I am just not used to it but I bet it feels like a heatwave where you are. I guess we need better windows to keep warm here without the electric bill going wild. Good stitching weather though. Debby :)

Dawn T. said...

Great exchange! The PIF is pretty lovely too:)

Unknown said...

What a pretty fob! Thanks for hosting the exchange, it's been fun :-)

Sally said...

Lovely exchange and PIF.

Carla said...

Both exchanges are fantastic Carol!!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous PIF! I may not always say it-but your fobs are always wonderful!

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchanges! I love the By the Bay pinkeep - so cute!