Saturday, January 05, 2008

One gift parcel finally arrived...

At last, one of the parcels I sent out for Christmas did finally arrive at it's destination in New Zealand. Katrina emailed me late last night to let me know her gifts had arrived. Since Katrina has spoiled me every Christmas for a few years now, I did the same for her. I sent her some other items too, and she will possibly post them in her own blog. Here are the items I stitched for her:
Peace On Earth Biscornu

Indigo Rose - in 2002 JCS Ornament Issue

32 ct Antique White Belfast Linen, DMC Floss, Bead-It Beads



Christmas Joy Ornament

Little By Little Design Co. - in 1998 JCS Ornament Issue

Silkweaver 36 ct Solo Edinburgh Linen, DMC Floss


I spent so much time today stitching on my Winter House Exchange. I am hoping to be able to have it ready to mail on Monday, as I know I can make it to the post office on Monday, while Tuesday is NH Primary day and I will be voting right after work... and Wednesday is tight... and well, after that I would be late! I had not realized that I chose something this big and with so much dense stitching... but, that is what I am up to, and I cannot show it yet...

I received my last round of Fair & Square squares today, but forgot to take a photo. I will share them tomorrow.

Stitched on today: Winter House Exchange

21 comments:

Cathy B said...

What a relief! At least one package showed up at its destination. I hope a few of the others that are still out there floating around tirn up soon!

Lovely biscornu and ornament. Did I tell you that I just recently obtained the 1998 ornament issue on ebay! Now I can stitch Christmas Joy too - it's very cute!

Karen's Blog said...

What a lovely biscornu and ornament Carol. Looking forward to hearing the politcal outcome from NH. Even we Aussies are interested in who the candiates for the next election will be. I hope your weather has improved a bit.

Kendra said...

Gorgeous biscornu! I love the "peace" in the different languages.

As I get more confident in my biscornu making, I'll have to try adding beads in the whipstitching...that just really adds a lot to it!

Becky K in OK said...

I love your biscornu. The beading is so pretty. Happy to hear your parcel finally showed up.

mainely stitching said...

What gorgeous ornaments!! I love the Christmas Joy one!

I'm glad that one of your packets showed up. Hopefully the others will be close behind!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the gifts you stitch. They are so beautiful!

Andrea said...

Beautiful gifts. I love the Indigo Rose biscornu.

Sally said...

Beautiful biscornu and ormament:)

Arthemise said...

So pretty and well finished!

Carla said...

Beautiful finishes Carol!!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What wonderful gifts for Katrina! I am sure she loved them. The Christmas Joy ornament is especially lovely.

Anita said...

I love the biscornu and the ornament is just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

They are both gorgeous Carol.

Lennu said...

Beautiful gifts, Carol!

Sharon said...

Both are gorgeous, but I love that biscornu!

staci said...

Beautiful biscornu and ornament Carol! Your stitching and finishing is wonderful as always!

Cathy said...

I love the colors in that biscornu!

Mel in Dubai said...

You do such lovely stitching and finishing, Carol :)

Happy New Year to you!

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful work Carol!
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the primary!!

I love your biscornu - it's very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Peace looks really nice as a biscornu. I hope you won't mind if I steal your idea? I want to be able to hang it on the tree, but it's awfully big. This would be a great way to reduce the size a touch.