Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Rescued by Stitching Bloggers! Important SBEBB News!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Over 50 bloggers contacted me with info on how to obtain Lo, How a Rose! I just knew I could count on you all :-) You are awesome. I have a copy (or two, actually) on the way. I am so excited. I just love you guys!!!

Very important message for SBEBB participants!: The board is staying intact and as you have always known it!! Becky has given Cathy B., Vonna and I the role of running the exchanges. We will use the same board. I believe there is even an exchange opening up tonight on the board for early spring... If you are not in SBEBB, feel free to join Hooked on Exchanging for now. We will get all of this running pretty much instantly! Thank you Becky!

I heard today that Heidi has received the PIF that I stitched up for her while I was on Christmas vacation. I wasn't able to get it together in time for Christmas for her, but I sure hope she will be able to use it next year... Heidi has little girls, and I recall a specific entry from her blog last winter in which she wrote about how excited her girls were to see a snowfall in Germany - they went right outside to play. This wee snowman made me think of them, and I hope they will enjoy it on their tree.

Ops! Ornament

Helga Mandl Designs

Sugar Maple Fabrics 28 ct Ice Crystal Lugana, DMC Floss


And tonight... a bit of A Quaker Christmas - I just love this one. The Balsam Fir Crescent Colours floss is sooooo nice!

And, with Christmas officially over, it was time to take down the tree. Mike took this photo with his iPhone yesterday after he had taken it down. This is my upstairs foyer between the bedrooms of our house. Our tree sits here every year and sparkles so pretty through the front window. Mike had not watered the tree for the past week, and totally paid the price with how many needles he had to clean up after the tree left! Lily is sitting right in the middle of the mess, and I see Beau ascending the stairs to check it all out too - apparently, Mike says, they were not much help with the clean up :-) The photo is a bit blurry. The iPhone does not take very crisp photos :-(

Stitched on today: Stitched on Winter Quaker exchange, and A Quaker Christmas

28 comments:

staci said...

I'm glad that you're getting a copy of the book :)

That ornament is adorable and I love Quaker Christmas too!

Edgar said...

CQ is looking super!!!! The Fir colour I also just adore. I really need to get it back out and reset my rotation. How extra GREAT of you all to take up the SB Board. If you need anything at all do not hesitate to ask!!

edgar

Lennu said...

What a cute ornament, it's lovely. Thank you so much for taking up the SBEBB with Vonna and Cathy B!

Oh what a lovely photo of your cats :) Manteli loves our tree a lot, she tries to catch the ornaments and hides under it :) We still have our tree up, traditionally (in the old days) in Finland the tree was taken down on 13th, as it's the day when Christmas ends. We don't usually have our tree up until that and I think many people nowadays don't either, but we just haven't had time yet to take it down :) Tomorrow we will and I'm sure we'll have a terrible mess with lots of needles :)

Anonymous said...

Quaker Christmas is coming along beautifully!!

And such great news that SBEBB is continuing!! YAY and Thank you to you, Cathy and Vonna for taking on the big job of admin-ing the board!

mainely stitching said...

LOL @ the fallen needles - I don't think our entire little tree had that many needles!

CQ looks great, and I love the snowman design you made. It'll be a sure hit with her kids!

Sally said...

Oh I love that pinkeep Carol!! It's so cute! Quaker Christmas is beautiful.

Simone said...

I want Quaker christmas!!! Every time I see it in your blog I'm drooling over it...
And the news about the SBEBB makes me SOOOOO happy!!! I'm really glad it continues!

Nicki said...

Love the tree aftermath photo! LOL!

Quaker Christmas is looking great and a big thank you to all of you for taking over the running of the SBEBB :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hurray! I'm happy that the SBEBB is staying open :)
Your quaker is looking fab...and that PIF is so cute!
Your kitties remind me of my kiddos...they aren't much help in cleaning up a mess either! LOL!

Paula said...

Your stitching looks great.

I'm very happy that the SBEBB is going to continue and any help you need, just ask.

Anita said...

the snowman is just so cute. I love the blue fabric you used.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been wanting that design as well... perhaps someone who contacted you about it might contact me?

That ornament is cute... love the little birdie hat!

Lily is so pretty :)

Cheryl said...

That is great news about the sbebb! Thank-you ladies for keeping it on. It would have been a big loss.
Cute pif for heidi :)

Mel said...

Carol, I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to join the SBEBB board?
Thanks!

So glad you found the pattern you were looking for.

Andrea said...

Wonderful news re: the SBEBB. Thank you to you, Vonna and Cathy for coming to the rescue.

Your ornament is so cute, great snowman. :) Great progress on CQ.

Hope the hoover is in good working order!

Carol R said...

Love the pinkeep and I think I must make a start on kitting up QC too - it's absolutely gorgeous.

And now I remember why I have an artificial tree!!

Von said...

Real Christmas trees do leave quite a mess, but the bright spot in that is how vacuuming up the needles scents the air once again with fresh pine/fir! I usually needed a new bag afterwards. :D

Sharon said...

I just love pinkeeps - the snowman is such a cutie!! I'm watching your progress on Quaker Christmas -I'm afraid I'm in danger of being 'enabled'. Love it!!! :)

Lucy said...

That ornament is adorable!!!!

Carla said...

Fantastic new about the SBEBB! Thanks you ladies!:)
The snowman ornies is adorable...love it!!

The Silver Thistle said...

Hi Carol! Guess what!? You're fab pinkeep has landed!

THanks so much Carol. It's the first one I've seen in real life and it's just perfect.

I even used the pins today on a bag I was making, lol. Am I supposed to use those ones? Or are they just for decoration?

Anyway, thanks Carol pal :D

BTW, is there any chance you could point me in the direction of who is sorting out the joining for SSEBB if you get a moment? I tried over the months to get in touch with Becky for a few things but I never heard back for any of them. :(

Anyhoo, thanks Carol, I love my pinkeep :D

Stitch Wizard said...

I am so behind on my blogging but got to see your really cute ornament and Quaker Christmas. They are both so pretty!! Hope things are going well for you in 2008!!! Debby :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping to save the SBEBB! I have recently completed two exchanges on the board, and am looking forward to joining some more!

Kalu V said...

what a cute ornament!
and great progress =]

Stitching-by-Jean said...

Carol the ornament was sweet.. and your QC is coming along as well, nice to see your cats as well..

Jen said...

Your work is so beautiful. I love the pinkeeps. Your progress on the Quaker Christmas is great. I picked up that pattern last year and want to start it so badly, but I need to buy the fabric AND finish some of the other projects I have.

Michelle said...

Wow - what a mess from your tree! Your Quaker Christmas is looking gorgeous - I just love this one. Glad you got your copy of the book, I'm going to look around for one for myself too!

lena-lou said...

I love your Snowman Pinkeep, I saw it on the other blog and might have to join the group ;-))