Thursday, January 03, 2008

Frosty Friends Exchange for Sylvie

Sylvie has received the SBEBB Frosty Friends Exchange that I stitched for her. I had obtained this adorable chart in a trade from Heather a few months ago, and when I signed up for this exchange I figured it would be a fun choice. I considered making it into a box top, but was concerned about how to package it to mail it to France, so I chose to make a pinkeep instead... This chart is now available for trade with anyone who is interested...

Secret Snowdrift Pinkeep

The Trilogy

32 ct Natural Belfast Linen, GAST and Weeks Dye Works Floss with JABC Buttons


And this is everything I sent to Sylvie. The Mirabilia charts were on her wishlist, and I was lucky to find an ebay seller who had both for a very reasonable price :-) Along with some snowman themed goodies and some yummy lip balm from Bath & Body Works to protect her lips in the winter cold, I also sent some little mice for Plume :-) Enjoy Sylvie!!

Now I am going to sneak off to do some secret stitching. Brrr...sure is cold here! I calculated the Fahrenheit to Celcius improperly yesterday, and nobody caught me! It was 4F (-15C) on my way to work this morning, and warmed up to a balmy 8F (-13C) on my way home this evening. We are thankful to have a January thaw approaching for the weekend and into next week! We need it here!

Stitched on today: Stitched on Winter House Exchange project

28 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Carol!
Your pinkeep is adorable. You did a great job. I would love to trade with you for the chart. Email me and let me know what you want to trade for it.
rymero@madisontelco.com

Thanks!
Melissa

Rowyn said...

Secret Snowdrift is gorgeous! Brrr.. even -15 degrees C is colder than I can imagine.

Casa Pearl said...

What an adorable piece! I'm sure Sylvie will love everything you sent. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Carol! The goodies you sent are so generous, too!

Becky K in OK said...

I saw the exchange on Sylvie's blog this morning. It so so cute. Do outdid yourself!

Karin said...

The pinkeep is lovely, and there's some great extras in there too! Stay safe and warm this week.

Sharon said...

Pretty pinkeep and a great exchange! Stay warm!

Ulla said...

The pinkeep is gorgeous!

Hazel said...

Wow that was fast! Your pinkeep looks fab as do all the other goodies. Secret stitching sounds exciting. xx

Anonymous said...

*brrrr* -15!!!! crikey!

It is currently about 37 or 38 C here and we are melting :)

I think I'd rather be cold - you can always get warm somehow in the cold - but it's hard to get cool - you can only take off so many clothes :)

Sylvie's pinkeep is goregous :)

Karen's Blog said...

I LOVE this pinkeep!! as always a great job. I am so sorry to hear about the cold. Just think, every day is one day closer to Spring:)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet pinkeep. I love snowmen lol :o) That's a great exchange. I love Giggles in the Snow. I have that one in my stash too

mainely stitching said...

That's a wonderful exchange - I also saw it Sylvie's blog. :)

It is COLD there!!!!!

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful pinkeep Carol!
-Jen

Sally said...

Oh wow what a adorable pinkeep Carol. Shame I missed the trade the chart but I've popped it on my wish list now:)

Judith said...

It is beautifull Carol.

DaisyGirl said...

What a cute pinkeep! Love the little mice for her cat! My Daisy loves those mice. Only bad thing is I'm constantly having to dig them out from under everything for her! haha
Donna

Bine said...

I love the pinkeep it's such a cute design. You did a great job on finishing as well!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Carol for this wonderful exchange. The pinkeep is gorgeous and as I alread told you, Plume likes to play with her mice ;)

Hugs

Carla said...

What an adorable pinkeep that is!!! Great job Carol!

Marika said...

Pinkeep is just adorable !! I love snowmen !

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What an adorable pinkeep and a fabulous package for Sylvie!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful job! I love the pinkeep...one day I'll do one myself :)

~Dianne

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful job! I love the pinkeep...one day I'll do one myself :)

~Dianne

Wawanna said...

Carol, your stitching is awesome x 10! Your friend must have been ecstatic to receive all those goodeis, you are a great shopper & very thoughtful. Best wishes for you in 2008 and may you acheive all your stitching goals.

Michelle said...

What an adorable pinkeep! I'm sure Sylvie loved it (and Plume!).

Lennu said...

What a lovely pinkeep, this is a cute design!

We have similar temperatures here at the moment, but not your snow! I really would love to have your snow here :) I don't love winter especially but I love to have lots of snow as that's normal here. But not this winter, hopefully it arrives someday later!

Kalu V said...

OHH THE PINKEEP IS ADORABLE LUCKY SILVIE