Thursday, January 31, 2008

Scissor Fob Exchange for Sandra

I heard from Sandra right before I went to bed last night that she received my Hooked on Exchanging Scissor Fob Exchange yesterday. It only took two weeks (exactly) to reach Barbados. That is pretty good, considering how laid back life is in the Caribbean :-) Sandra writes that this is her first scissor fob, and I feel so honored to provide her with her first. I am also pleased she likes my choices for her...


Petite Exemplary No. 1 Fob

Ewe and Eye and Friends

32 ct Putty Belfast Linen, DMC and GAST Floss


The rest of the exchange that I sent to her included a half yard of fabric with daisies and bees (Sandra requested floral fabrics and fabrics with bees on her wishlist), a pair of gold Mundial stork scissors, three skeins of variegated floss, a small Halloween Mill Hill kit (also saw she likes Halloween), and a spool of sheer cream ribbon for her upcoming finishings. Enjoy Sandra!

I had forgotten that I picked up Celtic Winter from the framer last Friday. It was ready a week before that, but when I went to pick it up, there was a large dent in the gilt on the frame. The framer was so sorry she had not noticed it, and she took it right back to reframe it. It took Mike and I a lot of discussion to decide how we wanted her centered in the frame. I like how it finally turned out...

Celtic Winter

Lavender & Lace

Silkweaver 28 ct Blue Diamonds Reflections Lugana, DMC Floss, Petite Treasure Braid, RG Wisper and Mill Hill Beads

Stitched as a SAL with Katrina J. in 2005-2006


Now, I have to say that I feel terribly guilty and at a loss. I have been a terrible blog commenter, and I don't know what I am going to do. I love my blogging friends and reading everyone's blogs. But... well.... doing so and commenting often affected me professionally! I was finding myself sitting in my office and not doing any paperwork and just surfing blogs... and that is a baaaaad thing. My job as a psychotherapist in private practice entails a lot of paperwork. Documentation is key to success, reimbursement and good ethics. So, I really cannot ditch my paperwork. It was hard to catch myself back up. I don't want anyone to think poorly of me or to think I am not interested in you any longer. That is the furthest thing from the truth. I do find pockets of time to read, but commenting is at a minimum. Even my dearest online friends hear from me much less now... since I realized how destructive this has been to my work. My sincerest apologies. I don't know if it will get any better - the paperwork will always be there. But I will sure try! I appreciate all of you that visit and comment in my blog. I have considered shutting my comments section off, but was advised by one of you not to do that... I was told you would all understand. I will still visit you, and will comment whenever I can. I use my free time in the evenings to stitch and run HoE, of course, so commenting needs to come from other pockets of time as I find them... thank you, friends! I do love you all, even if I don't get to comment as much as I want to!

Now I am off to do more secret stitching... it's my "half birthday" today :-)

Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and started a PIF **Mailed out a new Crazy Exchange for ???? today

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely fob! Celtic Winter looks GREAT framed, and I really like your choice for centering. Happy half-birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about not commenting! I know that I can't access blogs at work (except through google reader), so sometimes I read at work, but can never comment at work. So, my commenting time is restricted to the evening. I sometimes spend a lot of time commenting, and then kick myself for not stitching, so I've managed to discipline myself enough to just spend 30 minutes online when I get home from work, and then go to my stitching.

I've been restless at night recently, and haven't been able to sleep, so I sometimes catch up on my reading of blogs at that time, too!

The fob is lovely, as is Celtic Winter - I think how you chose to center it is perfect!

Annemarie said...

LOVE that fob, Carol. You've really mistressed the art of fob-making :o)
Look what I'm doing: commenting while I should be working. And it's all your fault!

Kendra said...

I think you get a pass for not always commenting, what with everything you're doing in your life! Work, exchange boards, stitching...plus you do need time to eat and sleep in there...LOL! I think folks will understand. :-)

I love how you decided to center Celtic Winter, centering that rectangle instead of centering the whole design. Very nice!

LivnLaf said...

I don't know...with all the PIFs, birthdays surprises(including one for me tee-hee),exchanges, Round Robins...I still haven't figured out how you manage to stitch all your own personal (and fabulous) projects, never mind comment on mine or anyone else's blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

I completely understand the not commenting thing...I have had a lot less time recently to comment, for reasons I can't disclose just yet ;) so I know exactly how you feel!

Marika said...

I´m sure that eveeryone understands that sometimes there just isn´t time for everything ! Love your fob and Winter is one of my favorites of Celtic ladies. It turned out so beautiful with that frame.

Mel in Dubai said...

Carol, the fob is lovely and Celtic Winter looks stunning! I love how it has been framed - must remember that for when I eventually get Celtic Christmas framed :)

Please, don't worry about not being able to comment - I often marvel at how you do so much! I don't comment as often as I should - need to work on that (amongst other things!) this year :)

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous fob - those petite examplery's stitch up so prettily.

Kitty Couture said...

Carol, I'm in the exact same situation. True friends understand. :)

Lovely fob!

Lillie said...

Oh! Carol, the Celtic Winter is a classic beauty and the fob very pretty.

Carol R said...

Sandra's fob is really pretty - I don't think I have seen anything that you have done that I dislike!!

I was never able to read blogs at work let alone comment - we're only allowed on 'work' related sites.

A great finish on Celtic Winter - framed just perfect.

mainely stitching said...

I think lots of people read and don't comment, generally speaking. I do try to always comment, but right now I'm not working so I have more time.

Love how your Celtic lady turned out in her frame, and that fob it adorable!

tintocktap said...

I love the fob you stitched for Sandra - beautiful colours! And your Celtic Winter is just gorgeous!

I know what you mean about surfing blogs and commenting at work - I'm at work now, but I suppose I'm fortunate that nobody seems to notice how much time I spend doing it and it doesn't, at the moment, make much difference to the amount of work I get done. I should try and limit this sort of thing to my lunch hour, but I get bored.

The main thing is probably to comment when you have time and not when you don't. There are probably a lot of us work like that.

Actually, the important thing is for you to keep stitching and blogging as then I can keep coming back to admire your beautiful work!

Nicki said...

No need to apologise - a lot of us can't comment as much as we'd like too :) Pop over to my blog though - I just gave you an award!

Karen's Blog said...

Carol, no-one understands more than I do about wanting more time and just not having it. Your blog brings so much joy to so many people. Please don't worry about not commenting. It certainly doesn't bother me. being a participant in the RR's and swaps you run, I know how incredibly time consuming they are, especially when some stitchers let you down, so please don't beat yourself up over not having enough time let for commenting. I am constantly amazed at how you get through so much stitching and run a successful practice at the same time. I think you are a wonder. Keep on doing what you are doing as your friends understand.

Celtic Winter is stunning as is the fobBTW:)

ollie1976 said...

Great framing of Celtic Winter and the fob is beautiful.
As a social worker, I completely understand the paperwork-do not worry about leaving comments.
-Jen

Unknown said...

Wow Celtic Winter really looks amazing! Please do not worry about commenting, I myself find absolutely no time to comment if I want to keep up with reading blogs so I save my comments for more special occasions on each blog. I think you made the right decision :)

Rachel V said...

Carol, I am always amazed at how much you are able to stitch and send. All your exchanges are lovely and your framed Celtic Winter gorgeous. I guess I am relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles to balance work, stitching and blogging! You go on keeping your priorities straight and don't worry about not commenting enough. :)

Valerie said...

Your Celtic Winter turned out beautiful!!!

Sally said...

That is a gorgeous fob Carol and I love the way Celtic Winter has been framed.

Please don't worry about commenting. It takes up a lot of time!

Anonymous said...

Celtic Winter is absolutely beautiful! You must be so proud of her.

I totally understand about your commenting. I am having the same problem as I can't get on the blogs from work anymore and have a LOT less free time in the evenings.

Wendy said...

Celtic Winter is just stunning! Congratulations on such a fantastic job, Carol, and your framing choice sets it off perfectly!

DaisyGirl said...

Comment when you can and don't worry! Don't add stress when you don't need or want it! We all understand.
Happy Day to you Carol!
Donna

Deb said...

Carol, it's a true dilemma about finding time to visit blogs of friends and commenting. I have a similar issue in that my stitching time is affected. I just have to set aside time to do it, and I know it takes away from my stitching time and things don't get done. One of the things that's suffered is stitching smalls in exchanges. I can't do RRs and exchanges at the same time because I can't do it all!! I know this has made me seem selfish or maybe not totally caring of my friends who I do cherish so much...like you...who I think so much of! But, something has to give!! I understand your dilemma. Your profession is important. You have to do what you can do, Carol. I support you wholeheartedly.
Hugs, Deb

Kathy said...

I totally understand what you are saying. I sort of mentioned that in my last post. Being retired, you would think I would have more time to read and comment, but then I feel like it takes away from my stitching time.

Love all the things you do. Blogging is supposed to be funs, so do what you can and don't feel guilty about what you cannot do.

You are the best.

Sharon said...

Thank goodness you decided against turning off your comments. It doesn't matter-we do understand. Sometimes, I can't always comment too-it's hard for me this week as I am on six night stretch. CW looks fabulous!

Lynn said...

With all the stitching that you do in addition to work, I don't know how you even find the time to blog let alone comment. I find my stitching time suffers if I'm spending too much time commenting.
I'm sure that your blogging friends will understand. I certainly do!
Celtic Winter is stunning! I love the frame you chose.

Von said...

Hi Carol,
In a perfect world we'd have all the time we need to accomplish all the stitching, blogging, commenting, and work that we need/want to do. But that world is not this one! Please set aside your guilt in the knowledge that we all understand and go through many of the same struggles.

Currently, I am far far behind in my blog reading, not to mention commenting. I'm getting to just a few every day. Perhaps next week more time will free up, but I continue to get further behind. Guess I'll just keep plugging away.

You keep stitching and sharing all your projects with us!

Michelle said...

Beautiful fob - the EEF pieces are lovely and soft-looking! Your Celtic Winter came out so pretty - I agree that centering the "box" in the frame was a great choice. I too am having a really hard time keeping up with blogs and commenting. I always appreciate your comments when you leave them, but know how busy we all are! Good for you for keeping up with your paperwork and doing what you need to do for your work.