Sunday, January 06, 2008

Fair and Square from Laura


I spent the entire day today finishing my Winter House Exchange. It is 11 PM, but finally - all done. I met my goal to be able to post it tomorrow while I have a chance to get to the post office... But, that left me with tons of emails I cannot reply to tonight - sorry! I will do my best tomorrow.... But I shall leave you with a photo of the Fair and Square exchange I received from Laura yesterday. Thank you Laura.

Thanks for all of the nice comments about the gifts for Katrina. I know the biscornu really is pretty, but complimenting me makes me laugh :-) The credit goes to Catherine Strickler of Indigo Rose - she designed it :-) I am just someone who followed her lead... :-) I always feel that way when I get compliments on stitched items. I am sure others feel that way too :-)

Time to wind down and not work on an exchange until bedtime - woo hoo!!

Stitched on today: Finished Winter House Exchange project

14 comments:

staci said...

Wonderful squares! Love them both!

Mary said...

What lovely squares. Nice job on both of them.

Lillie said...

Both squares looks great!

Karen's Blog said...

Wow, both squares are lovely. I have added you to my PIF. Yayyy. I will look forward to stitching something very special for you:) BTW, we felt the same about I Am Legend. Not fussed on how it ended but enjoyed the movie up until then. Have fun voting Tuesday:)

mainely stitching said...

The design is just part of it, Carol. A good design in the hands of a good stitcher is truly a thing of beauty. :D

Wendy said...

Lovely squares and great gifts along with them!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Squares Carol. WOW that biscornu is stunning, what a lovely pattern.

Hugs xxxxx

Edgar said...

What great squares!!! The biscornu is just lovely...that blue is just super. Serenity is really coming along...I know what you mean about the border a bit tedious but well worth it, that's why I left it until the end. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your fair & square pieces - I have that Sea Life chart in my stash - you've made me want to pull mine out and stitch it!

Cathy B said...

Wonderful squares Carol! Both are stitched beautifully!

Von said...

We stitchers are blessed to have so many wonderful designers offering so many choices of fabulous designs! But the design is only the beginning - it needs to be beautifully stitched. You are an example for us all. :D

AuntSuze said...

Laura's squares are really pretty.

I have enjoyed seeing alot of your recent finishes, especially the secret snowdrift one. Great Work!!!

Sharon said...

The square's are just lovely!

Carla said...

Beautiful squares Carol!!!
Glad you could finish your exchange so you can post it on time :)