Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fair and Square for Laura

I discovered today that Laura has actually received the Fair and Square blocks that I had stitched for her. I was beginning to wonder if they were safe, but saw today that she had posted them in the group blog a couple of days ago. I did not hear directly from her, so that had me lost as to what had happened. Anyhow, Laura had emailed me her likes/dislikes and I was feeling rather concerned as to what to stitch for her. Her likes are very unlike my stash. But she did say she likes dragons, and I am very glad that she likes my choice:
Dragon of Hope 2005

Dragon Dreams

32 ct Antique White Belfast Linen, DMC Floss, Kreinik #4 Braid


We are bracing here for very frigid temps tomorrow. It is not like it has been warm, or anything close to warm, here for a while. Now tomorrow we are facing temps in the single digits (F). For my friends who live in the world of Celcius, that is something like -30C .... brrr....

Stitched on today: Finished the first fob for the first Scissor Fob Exchange, and started Winter House Exchange project (No news on any of those international packages I posted so long ago arriving yet..)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little dragon!

I hope you can stay warm - we've got similar temperatures here, with windchills in the -20 range. We're supposed to have a warm-up by the weekend, though.

Kalu V said...

what a cutie!
try to stay warm i'm trying to do so here too...

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

They are SUPER squares Carol :) It's cold here today...it hasn't risen much above 10 degrees I think..and this a.m. it was 4 degrees...that is cold!

DaisyGirl said...

Love the little dragon, I'm stitching a little dragon for my son Jason! It's a freebie from Dragon Dreams! I would be freezing, it's 25 degrees here and I'm soooo cold now!
Donna

Cathy B said...

Your square for Laura is really neat!

We had the frigid temps here yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be warmer. Sorry to send it your way....

Anonymous said...

Those single digits F didn't mean anything to me, but when you say -30C... OMG, I can't even imagine what that's like!!! Bundle up, stay inside and stitch!!!
The dragon is so sweet!

Karen's Blog said...

I love this little dragon. I saw on the F&S blog that Laura loved it. Oh my gosh. I can't even imagine temps as low as that:( Stay warm of you can.

Carla said...

that's a cvute dragon!!!
stay warm!!

Karoline said...

Cute Dragon, congratulations Carol

Stitch Wizard said...

I just love that little dragon Carol!! You did such a beautiful job on it too!! I can't imagine the cold you are having as I am sitting here in my livingroom feeling cold as our house I think needs more insulation and better windows. It has been in the 20's here and we aren't as used to it as we should be. My wish for your new year is much good health, and happiness, lots of stitching and new stash!! Debby :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute dragon!

Hazel said...

Wow that sounds cold!!!!! Keep warm. By the sounds of your Jan goals your fingers will be very warm, burning I'd say!! Nice draggie. xx

Sharon said...

The dragon square is just adorable!

Sally said...

Stay warm Carol. That certainly sounds cold.

Love the dragon. He's really cute.

Solitary Raven said...

vakCarol,
I also think I sent an e mail the minute after I got them :/
yikes....
I feel so bad.... I LOVE the squares.... you did an excellent job!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Beatifully done dragon, Carol!