Thursday, January 10, 2008

PIF for Sonya

I just heard from Sonya that she has received the PIF that I finally finished and finally mailed off to her while I was on Christmas vacation. I am glad she likes it! It came out rather thick, and I liked this one quite a bit too - although the unevenness of this design (it is not balanced) made it difficult to center... that took me a while! Sonya used the pins already for another project - so I guess she has a pinless pinkeep now??

Swirlygig Pinkeep

Bent Creek

32 ct Natural Pearl Linen, GAST Floss


I have received many requests today from stitchers wanting to join SBEBB. I wonder if Cathy and Vonna did too. Unfortunately, as noted in yesterday's entry, that group is very full. However, there is room in the Hooked on Exchanging group if you really want to join an exchange group. Just let me know. When membership opens up again in SBEBB, one of us will let you know... Thanks for understanding.

I am off to do some secret (aka exchange) stitching tonight... have a good one!

Stitched on today: Stitched on Winter Quaker Exchange project

18 comments:

stitcherw said...

Very cute pinkeep. When I first saw it I thought how the swirls looked so similar to the ones on Ground Hog Day that I did. When I saw it was by Bent Creek I knew why they looked so similar, LOL.

Glad you were able to find the book you were looking for. Having such a large online stitching community certainly does help when you need something. Your snowman pinkeep yesterday was adorable, and Quaker Christmas is looking gorgeous.
Sue

Cathy B said...

Cool pinkeep!

mainely stitching said...

I really like the colors you went with on this BC, Carol!

Missy said...

As always, it looks awesome! I have you in my reader, I don't always have time to comment, but I see all of your posts. Such an inspiration to other stitchers!

And for the record, I am so not *loving* NH. It is like strike two for us...we were hoping that our first choice (Portsmouth, NH) would be home this summer, and then Hillary wins...*sigh*. Oh well. We'll keep trying for the east coast.

: )

Karen's Blog said...

What a cute pinkeep Carol. I saw on Sonya's blog that she loves it. I love the snowman pinkeep from yesterday. Very cute:)

The Silver Thistle said...

Thank you Carol! I do love it!

It's so wonderful in real life and the finish is perfect, as always.

Fear not though...it's no longer a 'bald' pin-keep, heheh. I just sneaked a couple of pins out to hold my stitching together while at the sewing machine but popped them right back in where they belong and it has been restored to it's former glory, lol.

Lennu said...

It's really lovely!

Stephanie said...

Lovely pinkeep - I love the design, despite the trickiness in centring it you've done a wonderful job.

Wonderful news about the SBEBB - I'm going to log on and sign up for another exchange, yippee!

Dawn T. said...

That is a cute pinkeep! Great job Carol:)

Edgar said...

What a super finish!!!! As always you are setting the bar for us all!!

Mel in Dubai said...

Lovely finishing as always, Carol :)

Karoline said...

Cute pinkeep Carol, congratulations

Kalu V said...

what a cool pinkeep!

Carla said...

Beautiful pinkeep! Love the colors!

Julianne said...

Carol,

The pinkeep is lovely. I really like the color of the linen. Beautiful work.

Kathy A. said...

a pinless pinkeep - very good one LOL
The pinkeep is beautiful and Quaker Christmas is coming along beautifully. I am so glad that the SBEBB is continuing and a little disappointed that it is full. Maybe, someday.
Arent stitching friends wonderful.
I am searching for a thread and if I dont have any luck I may ask your help since your circle is huge.

Sally said...

Gorgeous pinkeep:)

Sharon said...

Cute pinkeep!