Sunday, November 13, 2005

Finally.... An Open Heart Update

I am pretty happy with how much I was able to get done on An Open Heart today. It felt good to get back into the groove with it again today, and am wondering again how my SAL mates are doing with this one? I hope to be able to devote the next few Sundays to it, and then real progress will show. It took a few hours today to do the two rows of satin stitch cream colored hearts, the little bit of wording and the row of hearts.

Off to "therapy school" again tomorrow, for the last time this year :-) I actually already have all the credits I need, but miscounted them and had already signed up for this one. Oh well. Now that I have paid for it, I see no reason not to go. This one is on Psychopharmacology for Mental Health Disorders. Up really early again tomorrow, but this one is held really close to my house (about four miles), so it shouldn't be too bad.

Patriots 23 - Dolphins 16 - we came real close to not winning this one, and what a shame that would have been. My goodness, it has been a tough year for the Patriots - too many injuries. But the defense started to look like it was finally beginning to work better with each other during the second half of the game - I hope that holds for the last 7 games of the season now (??). And, Ryan Newman ran pretty well, considering he had to use that backup car... he came in 12th and is now 6th in points - mathematically eliminated, though, from the Championship, as the season ends next Sunday.... while he ran decently, he could not gain from any misfortune of the other contenders - they had good days today too.

Stitched on today: An Open Heart

7 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

wow, you're making great progress on An Open Heart - it's so pretty! A nail biter for the Redskins today. Too exciting to get a lot of stitching done!

Anonymous said...

An Open Heart is looking great Carol :) I haven't touched mine for a while - must get back to it soon!

Anne S said...

Carol, I'm going to have to start blacklisting your blog ... it's been tempting me with all sorts of charts to stitch. Even though I've been watching your progress since the beginning of AOH, only tonight did I start looking at it differently and wondering what it would look like in blue ;) BTW, do you like the other Mirabilia charts of the 'garden seasons' (as I think of them) - and if so, do you have them? If not, I'll ask Mum to check out my Mirabilia stash back home ... I've asked her to bring them all with her when she comes to visit in 4 weeks time, as I'm thinking of 'cleaning out' all those I won't stitch during this lifetime (I used to belong to the automatic mailings for these charts years ago, and ended up with loads that aren't really my 'thing'). Anyway, if you don't have them already, and would like them (as long as I do actually still own them), you're welcome to them :)) I'm pretty positive I've got the Spring one, and possibly Summer as well, but not entirely sure on that one ...

Unknown said...

I love watching your progress on this one. It's one of those pieces that looks so beautiful in pictures when you see all the detailing that goes into it.

Anonymous said...

Your progress is coming along really well on this one Carol. It's so nice to see the results of a hard day stitching. Such a sense of achievement.
Yes I would do a SAL on the Winter in My Garden with you, if I can get the chart. It won't be for a good while next year though, I have my blackwork Japanese Lady I need to finish for a show in the springtime.

mainely stitching said...

This is another lovely project, Carol!!

Kathy said...

Wow all your projects are coming along great hun.

Still no stitching being done here, but hoping to get started tonight

Hugs xxxxxx