Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Medieval Town Mandala Part 2

It didn't take very long tonight to finish up Part 2 of Medieval Town Mandala, and here it is. A little miniature happy dance, I guess. I love how this one is coming out (oh yeah, I am pretty sure I have said that a few times already!!).

Q. How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern? Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it's acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design?

A. Once I see that I have made a mistake, I usually obsess about it. If it is at all possible, I certainly do go back and fix it. On rare occasions, I have had to leave a mistake in, but only if it is minor. I don't actually think it is a big deal if a mistake stays in someone's stitching, and when I see folks blog about it, I can rarely ever see it in the pics they post. But for my own work and with my personality, I hate to leave mistakes in. I consider myself to have grown into a perfectionist with my stitching - and I am not necessarily saying that that is a good thing, since I know I am driving myself crazy!

I had my next dentist appointment today. What was supposed to be prepping for my first crown and getting a filling next to it replaced, turned out to be prepping for two crowns... and I am not talking about the second crown I already knew about... this is a third crown. Yikes!!! Dr. Mike feels that if he simply replaced that filling it would need a crown in 6-12 months anyhow. This is getting pricey now. Ugh. And, now I have two temporary crowns until the permenant ones are put in on 12/9. There is a cool part to it though - the one way in the back will be gold. I kinda like that. I think the novacaine is finally wearing off now. Ouch.

Stitched on today: Medieval Town Mandala and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow (I dug deep down in my project tote and pulled this out - will put up a progress pic fairly soon, just don't feel like there is much progress to show right now.... and, this is timely... I am trying to decide what to do about a mistake I noticed tonight too).

5 comments:

Anne S said...

I love how you have such varied tastes in stitching :) Your mandala is truly gorgeous ... my eye always jumps to the lovely gold and turquoise in the 'current' borders - just beeee-u-ti-ful :) Sorry to hear about the 3rd crown needed ... ouch big time - ouch just for hearing the bill, never mind the actual dental pain!! :/

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the Houses. I am soooo tempted to start that one, maybe in 2006.
Love the mandala too, it's fun to follow your progress,
Annemiek

Erin said...

I'm really loving your progress on the Medieval Town Mandala. Martina's designs have tempted me many times, but the realist in me knows I'm probably better off just stitching vicariously through others! LOL

Casa Pearl said...

MTM is just gorgeous! Good luck withe dentist. I go on the 30th and they don't take insurance so it's cash and man is it going to be painful!

BeckySC said...

MTM is looking great, Carol.

I have missed visiting your blog even though I read it daily through my e-mail subscription :)

hugs :)