Sunday, November 06, 2005

Happy Birthday Nicole!

Our beautiful niece, Nicole, my brother's middle child, turned 14 today. She is really turning into a lovely lady, both inside and out. I am really proud of her - and she stitches too!! We had a family get together for her tonight at Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse in Manchester, NH. It was her choice - a great choice! All she really wanted this year was money so that she could go on her eighth grade class field trip to Washington, DC in the spring.
There were only three photos in my camera when I got home tonight :-) I guess we were busy eating!! Looks like Mike took this one of Erin, my youngest niece, who was taking a picture either of him or of my sister, Katie, who as next to him?? LOL!
OK, so as a result of the big day, there was not a whole lot of time to stitch. But I did manage to finish all the backstitching on Wisdom tonight - now there is just a bunch of border still to do, and Wisdom's name... I hope that won't take too many more weeks now :-) I feel badly that I did not work on the An Open Heart SAL, as I usually do on Sundays. But with less time to stitch, I just did not feel like having to put that piece back on the scroll bars tonight.

Ryan Newman... ugh... that backup car was terrible, terrible for him today - he is now down to 7th in points. I am sad.

Stitched on today: Legends of the Dragons

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wisdom's looking great! You'll be done before you know it. :)

lobea2004 said...

Your nieces are lovely, Carol. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Nicole's birthday looked a great day! Yes, I was really lucky with the Jubilation Linen...we can use it for our next PR SAL!

Anne S said...

Every time I see Wisdom, the more I love it :) Sounds like your night out was a blast - family gatherings are always so much fun!

Kathy said...

Hiya Hun

Wow all your stitching looks great, sorry not been on for a while but with the Christmas fair coming up it has been pretty hectic lol.

Take care

Hugs xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your pics! Your family is beautiful :) Wisdon is coming along great, that backstitching made a huge difference. Seems like you're almost there!

Unknown said...

Wow - you finished him right up! He looks great! Hopefully I'm not far behind with just backstitching left to do on him and the dreaded border :)

I'm sure you'll have Legends finished by the end of the month, hopefully I'll be close :)

Dawn T. said...

Legends is looking awesome! Happy Birthday Nicole.

Schokti said...

Wisdom looks great, Carol! Perhpas it will be a little easier to do the border now that the rest is done? I anxiously wait on the happy dance!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your niece is pretty! Hey you're going to have an HD with LOD in no time!!!