Friday, November 25, 2005

I feel accomplished tonight :-)

I finally finished my first house square on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow tonight (well, actually it is called House 7). I feel like it is an accomplishment, since I started this sampler back in January!! I really realized tonight why I had allowed this project to go on the back burner. I am using the Victoria Clayton silk conversion, and when I first started this house block I was not at all convinced that I liked this conversion. The first little house I stitched used the creamsicle silk and I was dreading how this would look. I have completely changed my mind on this one now. I love the original colors - they are very bright. But, I now realize I did truly do the right thing by opting to use the VC conversion - it matches my home and decor much better - and as this block grew I really fell in love with it! And, I am excited to see that there is more interest in the blogging world to stitch this along with me next year. Thank you! I really hope to get this done in the foreseeable future. If I stick with the rate I had with it this year, it would take me 12 years to stitch this sampler LOL!!

I got in a little more stash in the mail today, and then I remembered to take a photo of the items that had arrived on Wednesday as well - my FOTM from Silkweaver (Golden Promise belfast Expressions), as well as a fat quarter of Sugar Maple Fabric Golden Turret Cashel (the same fabric I am using for Angel of Love) - two Mirabilia charts (Villa Mirabilia and Winter Queen), Chantal la Fee kit, and two Carriage House Samplings charts (Matter's Choice and Bedtime Prayer Sampler) - so many nice things to look through :-)

Stitched on today: Houses of Hawk Run Hollow ****I got so caught up in wanting to see the first house block done, that I did not pick up Convent's Herbal Garden tonight... and I realize I neglected that one all month :-( I hope to do better with that one in December!

8 comments:

tanyah said...

Hi Carol,

You must spend almost every waking hour working on your projects! I'm always impressed by how much progress you make!

Anonymous said...

Carol is the silkweaver fabric the one to the right on the photo? I think that may be just the right one for a project I'm considering. Well done, the house looks lovely. I'd love to see more progress when you can.

Unknown said...

The houses project looks really lovely. I'll enjoy watching you work on this one.

Kiwi Jo said...

Congratulations on finishing your house and falling in love with the project again.

Anonymous said...

Carol, your first house block looks gorgeous! Out of all the colour schemes I've seen, I prefer the Vikki Clayton conversion - I love the way the colours work on the fabric.

mainely stitching said...

Hey, that house block is wonderful!!! I ordered the chart in the last SBB sale - could no longer resist it! I can't wait to begin it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol, congratulations on finishing your first house! I'm sure you'll have this finished in no time as usual!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, thanks for letting me know about which fabric is which. I like that sugar maple piece. I was thinking of it for Earthdancer and Spirit dancer, by Butternut Road. Maybe I should get a small piece in the new year and see.