Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

We got a bit more snow today than was forecasted. Mike and I went about two miles down the interstate and turned around. We didn't go to Massachusetts. The roads were terrible. Even in my 4 wheel drive Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadra Drive, the roads were slick and greasy, and we saw cars off the road as well. Both of our moms understood. Shortly after we got home, the weather improved markedly. Go figure! We did get invited to our neighbor's house for Thanksgiving dinner though, so all worked out well - now I get to stitch and watch football and DVDs - nothing beats that!!!
I used this extra time to get back to working on another much neglected project, Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. You know, this was the #1 project that I wanted to stitch this year... then I got all distracted and figure I will be lucky if I can get the first house done by the end of the year. (Well, House 7 actually - I am a "start at the middle of a large project" kind of stitcher). I may need to ask around to see if anyone wants to do this as a SAL next year - I could use the motivation to get it regularly into my rotation. I actually love stitching on this one. I haven't blogged about it in ages, so I will give its details again - I am stitching this using the Victoria Clayton silk conversion on the Lakeside Linens 40 ct Pearled Barley linen. I still have to finish the top of the hot air balloon and another row of the flowers before this first house block is done... Sorry it is askew - I was way too tired tonight to doublecheck that it did not shift in the scanner.


Barbara: Do either of these two Silkweaver solos look like they would work well for your dragon? I just ordered them today, with you in mind... if they don't work, I know I can find a use for each of them LOL!!! The Jamaican Sea I wrote you about is actually by Dyeing4U, and I will try to get a scan emailed to you - it is very aqua blue, though.... Just let me know :-) I will email you my address for the trade for the Lilac Ice :-) Thanks!!!!!

Stitched on today: Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

7 comments:

Bastet said...

Happy Turkey Day Carol!

lobea2004 said...

Carol, you know I love this project and I'd like to stitch it as a SAL. I'll think about this idea, I don't know what I could do because I have other SALs with you and a lot of projects. Surely I really love these houses...

mainely stitching said...

I really like the 13x18 piece and I would love to do the Houses of Hawk Run Hollow as an informal SAL. I've ordered it from Stitching Bits and Bobs and want to do - gasp - over one in 2006.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to see your families for Thanksgiving, but glad to hear you're safe.
Love the houses Carol, coming along a treat.

Anne S said...

Your stitching projects remind me of 'me' - you have such an eclectic taste ... bits of everything! Hadn't seen the HOHRH before on your blog, so it must've been a few months since it's shown it's face ... looks like an interesting project - I love the threads in it, especially :)

Anonymous said...

Well, after seeing your latest progress pic I finally broke down and put all the supplies onto my wishlist! I've been tempted by this since it came out and I just love the colours of the VC silk on the Pearled Barley. I might have to save up a bit first though.

Lelia said...

Happy T-Day. Saw some photos on tv about the inclement weather out East. Lots of icy!

Your Houses look wonderful (I stitch from the center, too) Love your progress on Garden Spot Sampler. It is so lovely.